Add a little fun to your holiday menu with these festive gumdrop turkey cookies. They’re simple to make and the kids will love them!
How to Make Gumdrop Turkey Cookies
If you have a craving for cute Thanksgiving treats but don’t have a lot of time, try making these homemade Turkey Cookies. Your kids will love adding the gumdrop feathers, and they’ll be so proud that they made this darling little dessert all by themself!
These turkey cookies are a simple addition to your Thanksgiving table. They require very little prep time, and can be finished in 5 minutes or less! (That means mom won’t spend any extra time in the kitchen!
Ingredients + Substitutions
The nice thing about these turkey cookies is that they can be as homemade or storebought as you want them to be! Have a favorite cookie or frosting recipe? Use it! Want to keep it suuuuuper simple? Store-bought cookies and frostings are absolutely perfect!
- COOKIES – I used our Homemade Snickerdoodles because they are my favorite. 🙂 If you don’t feel like baking, storebought work great too!
- FROSTING – Vanilla or chocolate, and the thicker, the better! Add some powdered sugar if your frosting is too thin. Our Homemade Buttercream works perfectly!
- SMALL COOKIES – I like to use Nutter Butters, but a Milano or a Golden Oreo Cookie also work!
- CANDY EYES – Buy these with the sprinkles, or make your own.
- TIC TACS – I used orange and yellow for the beak.
- RED ICING – For the turkey’s waddle.
- TOOTHPICKS + GUMDROPS – For the Turkey’s feathers. You could also use candy corn.
Step 1: Make the Turkey’s Body
Add some frosting to one side of a Nutter Butter cookie, then place it on top of the round cookie.
Step 2: Make the Turkey’s Face
Secure two candy eyes and a Tic Tac with some frosting, then pipe a “waddle” with the red icing.
Step 3: Make the Turkey’s Feathers
Stick 3 gumdrops on a toothpick, leaving the bottom of the toothpick exposed. Repeat until you have 5 filled toothpicks. Then, stick the bottom of each toothpick into the round turkey cookie so it looks like a turkey’s feathers.
… and you’re done! Simple turkey cookies that look like you spent all day baking in the oven but they’re actually done in under 5 minutes! (That can be our little secret!)
Favorite Recipes for Thanksgiving Treats –
- Pilgrim Hat Cookies – made from peanut butter cups
- Pumpkin Pie Bars – a deliciously fun way to feed a crowd
- Handprint Turkey Cookies – made from sugar cookie dough
Thanksgiving Printables –
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Easy Gumdrop Turkey Cookies
- 12 Snickerdoodle or Sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup frosting
- 12 Nutter Butters
- 24 candy eyeballs
- 12 Tic Tacs
- 1 tablespoon of red frosting
- 180 candy gumdrops
- Make the Body – Add some frosting to one side of a Nutter Butter cookie, then place it on top of the round cookie.
- Make the Face – Secure two candy eyes and a Tic Tac with some frosting, then add a “waddle” with the red icing.
- Make the Feathers – Stick 3 gumdrops on a toothpick, leaving the bottom of the toothpick exposed. Repeat until you have 5 filled toothpicks. Then, stick the bottom of each toothpick into the round cookie so it looks like a turkey’s feathers.
- … and you’re done!