The perfect marriage of a pecan and pumpkin pie, these easy pumpkin pie bars are a deliciously fun way to feed a crowd.
An Easy Fall Dessert
As much as I love using pumpkins in my fall decor, I am a bigger fan of using them as ingredients in baked goods! (Are you with me on this one?) This easy pumpkin pie bars recipe is delicious!! I’m not even a fan of pumpkin pie (say what?!) – but these bars are one of my favorite fall desserts.
They are great to share with others and can easily feed a crowd. Also, they store great in the refrigerator, so you can make them ahead of time to serve at your gathering and you don’t have to worry about them going bad if there are any leftovers. Though I can honestly say I’ve never had that problem!
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Bars
Prep – Before getting started you’ll want to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line your baking pan with parchment paper and then grease it slightly.
Dry Ingredients – Start by mixing flour, brown sugar and 1/4 of a cup of regular sugar in a bowl. Cut in some butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Then stir in some oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture, and then press the rest into the bottom of your pan.
Bake The Base – Bake the oat mixture for 15 minutes and then set it aside.
Wet Ingredients – While the base is cooking, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice into a separate bowl. Mix everything on medium speed until everything is well blended.
Layer – Pour the pumpkin mixture over the baked crust. Then, sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture over the top.
Bake – Bake the pumpkin pie bars for 25 minutes and then let them cool slightly. Lift the bars from the pan using the parchment paper. Let everything cool completely and then cut the pan into bars.
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Brownie Brittle
- Glazed Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Muddy Buddies
This delicious recipe is so easy and perfect during the fall! Let us know if you make these pumpkin pie bars by leaving us a comment in the section below, or by tagging us on social media!
Easy Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13x9 pan with foil or parchment paper and grease slightly.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and 1/4 cup regular sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in oats and pecans.
- Reserve 1 cup of this mixture. Press the remaining into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in the bowl of a mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour over the baked crust and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Lift the bars from the pan using the foil/parchment paper.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Save the leftovers in a tightly covered container in the fridge.
HAPPY FALL BAKING!
About the Author: Larissa is a mom of 4 boys who likes to cook and create. The former Food Contributor on Somewhat Simple (2011), she now shares her creative adventures full-time on her own blog Just Another Day in Paradise.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in October 2011