Pumpkin pancakes are a delicious fall breakfast everyone will love! This easy recipe is made with the perfect amount of pumpkin spice flavor and the pancakes are so light and fluffy you won’t be able to stop eating them!
This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes because it is so simple to make. Some of my other favorite things to eat for breakfast is the amazing Breakfast Casserole, a Ham and Cheese Quiche or these tasty Chocolate Chip Waffles.
Easy Pumpkin Pancakes
Yay! It’s finally the time of year when we can eat all things pumpkin! This pumpkin pancakes recipe is fantastic, easy to make, and super delicious. The pancakes have just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavor, and taste like all the deliciousness of fall. They’re light and fluffy, and just slightly crisp at the edges, exactly how pancakes should be!
I started with my favorite pancake recipe, and made a few small adjustments to make them perfect for fall. We topped ours with whipped cream, chopped pecans, and maple syrup, and they were absolutely amazing! My nine year old cleaned her plate, then leaned back with a sigh and said, “Best. Breakfast. Ever.” I totally agree! This pumpkin pancakes recipe is so good, we may just be making them all year long. 🙂
How To Make Pumpkin Pancakes
Mix Dry Ingredients – In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, cloves and cinnamon.
Mix Wet Ingredients – Using a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree until they are fully blended together.
Combine & Rest – Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture and then stir until everything has combined. Once everything is mixed together, let the batter rest for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Cook – Warm your skillet or pancake griddle to about medium heat before cooking the pumpkin pancake batter. Pour the batter onto the griddle and cook each side for about 3-4 minutes. You’ll know it’s time to flip when there are large bubbles forming in the batter.
Toppings – Add whipped cream, nuts, homemade syrup or any of your other favorite toppings and serve.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Spice Pancakes?
Of course you can! In fact, every time I make these I always make an extra batch to put in the freezer so my kids can have these for breakfast before school. Once they have completely cooled, place them into large Ziploc freezer bags. If they haven’t fully cooled, condensation will form inside the bag which will lead to frost on the inside. These can stay fresh in the freezer for at least two months.
More Homemade Pancake Recipes
- This Homemade Pancakes Recipe is a family favorite and the BEST you’ll find
- These Blueberry Lemon Pancakes are delicious
- Or try this unique Red Velvet Pancakes recipe if you’re in the mood for something different
- German Pancakes are a delicious way to enjoy breakfast
- These Ghost Pancakes are a fun way to celebrate the fall season
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
If you love these pumpkin pancakes, then you’ll love one of these other delicious pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Crepes Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Muffins With Streusel Topping
- Whipped Pumpkin Honey Butter
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
After you try these delicious pumpkin pancakes, leave us a comment below and let us know what you thought. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can get all of our latest easy recipes sent straight to your inbox.
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. In a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the milk, eggs, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until the batter comes together (a few lumps are okay). Let the batter rest 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Pour the batter by 1/4 cup scoops onto the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes, or until large bubbles appear. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream, pecans, and maple syrup.