Skip the cold cereal and start your Halloween breakfast off right with these darling Ghost Pancakes!
More delicious fall breakfast recipes you should try are these Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Crepes and Pumpkin French Toast.
An Easy Halloween Breakfast
Since Halloween is on a weekend this year, why not spend a little extra time and make a breakfast they’ll always remember. This easy breakfast idea is a fun way to start the Halloween festivities and improve what’s otherwise a boring breakfast! I’ve made these ghost pancakes for years and these are the first thing my kids look forward to for breakfast every October 31st!
I make these using my favorite homemade pancakes recipe. Then with the addition of a few chocolate chips, these ghost pancakes are not only fun to look at, they are super tasty! Here is how to make them-
Ingredients You’ll Need
You’re welcome to use your favorite pancake recipe to make these Halloween pancakes. These are the ingredients my favorite recipe used and it’ll yield about 20 ghost pancakes
- Baking powder
- Cooking oil
- Chocolate chips
How To Make Halloween Ghost Pancakes
Dry Ingredients – Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl with the exception of the chocolate chips.
Wet Ingredients – Using a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, milk and vegetable oil.
Combine – Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir everything together just until it has moistened. Be careful not to over mix it. The batter will be lumpy at this point.
Make The Ghosts – Pour pancake batter on your griddle to form random ghost-like shapes. Place three chocolate chips on each ghost to make the eyes and a mouth.
Flip – When the batter starts to bubble on top and the underside is turning golden brown, flip the ghost pancakes to cook the other side.
Repeat – Continue cooking on your griddle or stove top until golden brown on both sides.
Serve – My kids love to ease these Halloween pancakes topped with some delicious homemade Buttermilk Syrup and a side of Bacon.
Recipe Tip & Storage
Perfect Ghost – The easiest way to get the perfect ghost shapes for your pancakes is to pour the batter into a squeeze bottle first. Then use the bottle to make the outline of the ghost and then fill it in with more batter.
Storage – Place any leftovers in a zipper bag and stick them in the fridge. If you want to make an extra large batch earlier in the month, these Halloween pancakes also freeze nicely.
More Easy Pancake Recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes are the perfect blend of sweet and sour.
- My grandma’s famous Homemade Pancake Recipe is my favorite thing for breakfast
- If you have a sweet tooth like me, these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are amazing
- Red Velvet Pancakes are a rich and decadent breakfast recipe.
- If you love fruit with your pancakes, then you’ll have to try these amazing German Pancakes.
Halloween Ghost Pancakes Recipe
- 2 2/3 cups sifted flour
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 tbs. cooking oil
- 1 cup approx. chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together, except the chocolate chips.
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix together to eggs, milk and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. *Don’t over mix. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour pancake batter on your griddle to form random ghost-like shapes. Put 3 chocolate chips on each ghost to make eyes and a mouth.
- When the batter starts to bubble and the underside is turning golden, flip the ghosts to cook the other side.
- Continue cooking on your griddle or stove top until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
My kids just LOVE these pancakes. So fun for the season.
Cutest pancakes!! These are my kids’ favorite kind of ghost! Perfect for Halloween morning!
LOL, thanks Natalie!
These are so super cute and fun! My kids are going to love these Halloween morning! Love how easy this is.
Pancakes are fun no matter what! I bet your kids thought you were super cool just for trying.
So fun! My kids loved helping me make these!
thanks for sharing ~ my kids loved these!!
I love these! My kids ask me to make these almost every morning!
They turned out so cute!! Such a fun breakfast for Halloween!
Awww.. they’;re still cute! 🙂 I bet they were yummy.