I love cinnamon rolls and I love pancakes, so I combined my two loves and made these delicious cinnamon roll pancakes. The recipe is simple and easy to make and there’s no doubt your family will love them!
You guys. If ever there was a recipe I wanted you to try more than any other recipe you will stumble across in your life – this is it. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – the perfect marriage of my two favorite breakfast foods. Never have I tasted a more decadent morning treat.
My sister in law made these for me and my husband when we were visiting last spring and I never wanted to leave her house. If you wake up my taste buds to something this good in the morning, I will become a permanent house guest.
(You have now been warned!)
They are very sweet and rich, (but I still had 3 or 4!) so if sweet, sugary deliciousness is not your thing, you might want to pass on this and try them separately. Our traditional homemade pancakes recipe and cinnamon rolls recipe are both fantastic and two of our family’s favorites. But for the rest of us with a sweet tooth, these cinnamon roll pancakes are sure to satisfy.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (not boiling)
- 1/2 c + 2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 c milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
Preparing the Cinnamon Filling
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Put this mixture into a quart-sized freezer bag.
- Snip the corner of your bag of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner.
- Set aside.
Preparing the Cream Cheese Glaze
- Melt the butter in a small pan on the stove over low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk the cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and stir.
- Add in vanilla extract and stir once more, then set aside.
Preparing the Pancake Batter
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter is moistened. Do not over-mix, the batter will have small lumps.
- Heat your skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop about 3/4 c of batter onto the skillet, making a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- When your pancakes start to bubble, it is time to add the cinnamon filling. Squeeze the filling out of the bag and swirl it in a circular fashion starting in the center and swirling to the edges.
- Cook the pancake until the bottom side is golden-brown (about 2-3 minutes) and then flip it. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes on this side, or until golden-brown.
- Re-warm the glaze, if need and drizzle over the pancakes before serving.
- Eat & enjoy!
More Homemade Pancake Recipes
- Fall wouldn’t be the same without these delicious Pumpkin Pancakes
- These Blueberry Lemon Pancakes are delicious
- Or try this unique Red Velvet Pancakes recipe if you’re in the mood for something different