The perfect marriage of cinnamon rolls and pancakes into one simple recipe! Cinnamon roll pancakes are easy to make and they taste AMAZING! There’s no doubt your family will absolutely love them!
A Sweet Breakfast Idea
You guys. If ever there was a recipe I wanted you to try more than any other recipe you will stumble across in your life – this is it. Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – the perfect marriage of my two favorite breakfast foods. Never have I tasted a more decadent morning treat.
My sister-in-law made these for me and my husband when we were visiting last spring and I never wanted to leave her house. If you wake up my taste buds to something this good in the morning, I will become a permanent house guest. (You have now been warned!)
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the Cinnamon Filling
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Glaze
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
For the Pancakes
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
These pancakes are made in 3 steps – the pancake batter, the cinnamon swirl, and the cream cheese glaze. I’ll quickly show you how easy this recipe comes together, but for actual measurements, please see the recipe card below.
Mix – First, put all the cinnamon filling ingredients into a quart-sized freezer bag and mix until combined.
Cut – Snip the corner of your bag of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner and then set it aside.
Cream Cheese Glaze
Butter – To get started, you’ll melt the butter in a small pan on the stove over using low heat.
Remaining Ingredients – Remove the melted butter from the heat and whisk in the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until it’s nice and smooth. Once prepped, you’ll set the glaze aside.
Dry Ingredients – Start by whisking together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Wet Ingredients – Next, whisk in the milk, egg, and oil, just until the batter is moistened. You don’t want to over-mix it, the and the batter will have small lumps.
Putting It All Together
Getting Cooking – Heat your skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop about 3/4 c of batter onto the skillet, making a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
Filling – When your pancakes start to bubble, it is time to add the cinnamon filling. Squeeze the filling out of the bag and swirl it in a circular fashion starting in the center and swirling to the edges.
Cook Time – Cook the pancake until the bottom side is golden brown (about 2-3 minutes) and then flip it. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes on this side, or until golden brown.
Tip – You may need to wipe down the skillet in-between batches to get rid of the cinnamon mixture that will stick on the skillet.
Glaze Topping – Re-warm the glaze, if needed, and drizzle it over the pancakes before serving.
Eat & enjoy!
More Homemade Pancake Recipes
- Fall wouldn’t be the same without these delicious Pumpkin Pancakes!
- These Blueberry Lemon Pancakes are delicious!
- Or try our Red Velvet Pancakes recipe if you’re in the mood for something different!
- Cake Mix Pancakes are a sweet and easy recipe for a special occasion.
- These German Pancakes are a delicious twist on a classic breakfast.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (not boiling)
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsps ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 c milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
Preparing the Cinnamon Filling
- Add all ingredients for the cinnamon filling to a quart-sized freezer bag and mix until combined
- Snip the corner of your bag of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner.
- Set aside.
Preparing the Cream Cheese Glaze
- Melt the butter in a small pan on the stove over low heat.
- Remove from heat and whisk the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Set Aside.
Preparing the Pancake Batter
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter is moistened. Do not over-mix, the batter will have small lumps.
- Heat your skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1/3 c of batter onto the skillet, making a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
- When your pancakes start to bubble, it is time to add the cinnamon filling. Squeeze the filling out of the bag and swirl it in a circular fashion starting in the center and swirling to the edges.
- Cook the pancake until the bottom side is golden-brown (about 2-3 minutes) and then flip it. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes on this side, or until golden-brown.
- Re-warm the glaze, if need and drizzle over the pancakes before serving.
- Eat & enjoy!