This simple and delicious pumpkin french toast is a great way to start the day! It’s easy to make, and has the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor!
A Perfect Fall Breakfast
It’s pumpkin season again, friends! Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors, and I love to use it in recipes this time of year, both savory and sweet. From making pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, to baking pumpkin cookies as an after school snack, adding pumpkin is always a good choice!
One of the problems I run across frequently, though, is that I’ll make a recipe using canned pumpkin, and still have a few scoops of pumpkin left over. Since I hate to waste food, I’ve been trying to come up with recipes that use those leftover amounts of pumpkin and this pumpkin french toast recipe is a winner! It’s quick, delicious, and has a great pumpkin flavor without being overpowering. It’s the perfect way to use up that last little bit of pumpkin left in the can, and is such a delicious and hearty breakfast.
How To Make Pumpkin French Toast
Mix – Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla until it has completely blended together.
Coat – Dip each slice of bread into the pumpkin mixture until both sides of the bread are lightly coated.
Cook – Place the slices of french toast on the griddle and cook each side for 2-4 minutes. When each side turns a beautiful golden brown color, you’ll know they’re done.
Use Thick Bread – I like to use thicker slices of bread (like Texas toast) when I make this pumpkin french toast. I just liked the texture of the thicker bread and it absorbs more of the pumpkin spice flavor.
Keep The Coating Light – Be careful to just lightly dip the bread in the pumpkin mixture, or it will get too soggy and be very slow to cook.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
- Best Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- Pumpkin Crepes with Cheesecake Filling
- Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Granola Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Muddy Buddies
- Whipped Pumpkin Honey Butter
Leave us a comment below and let us know if you liked this pumpkin french toast recipe as much as we do! Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter so you can get all of our latest recipes!
Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices bread
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, until well blended.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, lightly coating both sides. Cook 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned, then flip and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.