This easy and filling baked raspberry french toast is bursting with juicy berries and so delicious. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch!
French Toast might be my very favorite breakfast food! Apple Cinnamon French Toast, Zucchini Bread French Toast, Pumpkin French Toast Recipe, French Toast Waffles… I seriously love them all! This Baked Raspberry French Toast ranks right up there on my list of favorites!
Raspberry French Toast
I’ll admit it: I’m not really a breakfast person. I love breakfast food, but I’m usually so tired in the morning that I just make cereal or toast and yogurt for breakfast, and I don’t bother with anything fancy. On the weekends, though, we love having a leisurely breakfast with the whole family, and that’s when I get to try out delicious breakfast recipes.
I’ve been making baked cinnamon french toast for a few years now, and it’s always a hit with the family. This time I wanted to change things up, and came up with the idea for this delicious baked raspberry french toast. I think my family liked it even better than the original version!
As much as I love a good overnight French toast, I like that this recipe doesn’t require the same planning ahead. I mixed it up in less than ten minutes, and it was ready in about an hour. I love the contrast of the sweet bread and slightly tart raspberries.
How To Make Raspberry French Toast
- Prepare – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray an 8″ x 8″ baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Assemble – Place half of the bread cubes into the baking dish. Toss the raspberries with the flour and one tablespoon of sugar. Sprinkle two-thirds of the raspberries over the bread cubes and then add the remaining bread cubes on top. Top the additional bread cubes with the remaining raspberries.
- Mix – In a mixing small bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, half & half, milk, and 1/4 cup of sugar together. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread cubes.
- Cook – Bake the raspberry french toast in the oven for 45 – 55 minutes. Once it turns golden brown on top it’s ready to eat.
- Serve – Serve with a batch of warm Buttermilk Syrup and enjoy!
Tips for Making Baked French Toast
- Use a soft sandwich bread to more easily soak up all of the yummy sweet egg mixture.
- Don’t worry about using frozen raspberries – they honestly work great!
- Because I have a major sweet tooth, I poured maple syrup over my french toast, but you could definitely leave it out if you’re not as into sweets as I am. Either way, it’s a delicious and easy breakfast!
More Favorite Breakfast Recipes
- Best Homemade Pancake Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Breakfast Egg Casserole
- Best Pumpkin Pancakes
Baked Raspberry French Toast
Let us know if you make this baked French toast by leaving a comment below or tagging us on social media!
Baked Raspberry French Toast
- 8 slices texas toast or other thick white sandwich bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen raspberries fresh would work too
- 1/4 cup plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar separated
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 400. Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish by lining with parchment or spraying with cooking spray.
Add half of the bread cubes to the prepared baking dish. Toss the raspberries with one tablespoon sugar and the flour.
Sprinkle 2/3 of the raspberries over the bread cubes.
Top with remaining bread cubes, then remaining raspberries.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, and 1/4 cup sugar.
Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes, distributing evenly.
Bake 45-55 minutes, or until the french toast is golden brown on top and springs back when touched lightly.
Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh raspberries, if desired.