This easy and filling baked raspberry french toast is bursting with juicy berries and so delicious. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch!
French Toast might be my very favorite breakfast food! Apple Cinnamon French Toast, Zucchini Bread French Toast, Pumpkin French Toast Recipe, French Toast Waffles… I seriously love them all! This Baked Raspberry French Toast ranks right up there on my list of favorites!
Raspberry French Toast
I’ll admit it: I’m not really a breakfast person. I love breakfast food, but I’m usually so tired in the morning that I just make cereal or toast and yogurt for breakfast, and I don’t bother with anything fancy. On the weekends, though, we love having a leisurely breakfast with the whole family, and that’s when I get to try out delicious breakfast recipes.
I’ve been making baked cinnamon french toast for a few years now, and it’s always a hit with the family. This time I wanted to change things up, and came up with the idea for this delicious baked raspberry french toast. I think my family liked it even better than the original version!
As much as I love a good overnight French toast, I like that this recipe doesn’t require the same planning ahead. I mixed it up in less than ten minutes, and it was ready in about an hour. I love the contrast of the sweet bread and slightly tart raspberries.
How To Make Raspberry French Toast
- Prepare – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray an 8″ x 8″ baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Assemble – Place half of the bread cubes into the baking dish. Toss the raspberries with the flour and one tablespoon of sugar. Sprinkle two-thirds of the raspberries over the bread cubes and then add the remaining bread cubes on top. Top the additional bread cubes with the remaining raspberries.
- Mix – In a mixing small bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, half & half, milk, and 1/4 cup of sugar together. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread cubes.
- Cook – Bake the raspberry french toast in the oven for 45 – 55 minutes. Once it turns golden brown on top it’s ready to eat.
- Serve – Serve with a batch of warm Buttermilk Syrup and enjoy!
Tips for Making Baked French Toast
- Use a soft sandwich bread to more easily soak up all of the yummy sweet egg mixture.
- Don’t worry about using frozen raspberries – they honestly work great!
- Because I have a major sweet tooth, I poured maple syrup over my french toast, but you could definitely leave it out if you’re not as into sweets as I am. Either way, it’s a delicious and easy breakfast!
More Favorite Breakfast Recipes
- Best Homemade Pancake Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Breakfast Egg Casserole
- Best Pumpkin Pancakes
Baked Raspberry French Toast
Let us know if you make this baked French toast by leaving a comment below or tagging us on social media!
Baked Raspberry French Toast Recipe
- 8 slices texas toast, or other thick white sandwich bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, fresh would work too
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar, separated
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400. Prepare an 8 x 8 baking dish by lining with parchment or spraying with cooking spray.
- Add half of the bread cubes to the prepared baking dish. Toss the raspberries with one tablespoon sugar and the flour.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the raspberries over the bread cubes.
- Top with remaining bread cubes, then remaining raspberries.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes, distributing evenly.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until the french toast is golden brown on top and springs back when touched lightly.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh raspberries, if desired.
Made this for thanksgiving breakfast today. Added powdered sugar on top for the finale 😉 my mother in law loved it!!
So glad you guys liked it! Thanks for stopping by!
Hi, This recipe looks amazing. Can you tell me what 1/4 cup of “PLUS” is?
Thanks so much
Sorry about that, part of the recipe got cut off. It’s 1/4 cup of sugar plus the extra 1 tbs to sprinkle over the top once it’s done. I hope you love it!
Love how easy this is! I’m not a breakfast person either even though I love to eat breakfast food!
Thanks Trang! You’re right, it’s super easy to make!
Perfect for my Mother’s Day brunch menu!
I know…I hope my kids make this for me on Mother’s Day.:)
I am making this for Mother’s Day brunch! It is a huge crowd pleaser!
You’re going to love it!
What a great meal for breakfast! Will go nicely with my morning cup of coffee!
This French toast bake is fantastic! Perfect Spring breakfast for the weekend!