These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a wonderful taste of fall. With the perfect amount of pumpkin spice and chocolate chips, these soft and delicious cookies will quickly become one of your favorite cookie recipes!
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
September equals the start of all things pumpkin at my house. I love absolutely love the smell of pumpkin spice because it signals the beginning of fall and my favorite time of year! This easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe is the perfect way to kick off the beginning of the season.
What Are Other Delicious Pumpkin Recipes?
There are so many delicious recipes you can make with pumpkin spice and I’m determined to make them all. Before I share my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe, here are a few of my favorites.
- These Pumpkin Pancakes are so fluffy and taste amazing!
- Another great breakfast recipe are these Pumpkin Crepes.
- These Pumpkin Muffins with a streusel topping will make your house smell incredible!
- Pumpkin Rolls will add the taste of fall to any dinner recipe.
When I made these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, I had an open can of pumpkin puree leftover from a previous pumpkin recipe I had made. I decided to put the extra puree to good use and added it to these cookies. Best.Decision.Ever!
I was incredibly pleased with how these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies turned out. They were so soft and puffy, and had more of a cake-like consistency than do regular cookies. It was kind of like eating a small pillow of cookie-cake. Eek, so good! Um, so good, I ate two before dinner. And one for breakfast the next morning. So much for losing those extra five pounds before Christmas. I’m doomed, ya’ll.
Can you believe these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were even softer on day two? Yay for pumpkin puree!
Pumpkin is definitely my number one go-to flavor for fall. What’s yours?
How To Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a wonderful taste of fall. With the perfect amount of pumpkin spice and chocolate chips, these soft and delicious cookies will quickly become one of your favorite cookie recipes.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 12 ounces chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with a Silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter on medium to high speed for about 30 seconds. Add sugars and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla until combined. Next, add if flour mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by 2-tablespoons on your prepared cookie sheets, approximately 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
What Are Other Pumpkin Cookie Recipes?
If you loved these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies as much as I do, here are a few more pumpkin cookie recipes to try.