This Oreo dirt cake tastes fantastic and could not be easier to make! It’s chocolatey, delicious, and a great way to feed a crowd!
The Best Oreo Dessert
As much as I love spending time putting together an intricate and decadent dessert, sometimes I just need something that’s quick and easy to pull together!
This Oreo dirt cake takes just a few minutes to assemble, but it still tastes absolutely delicious. With layers of crunchy crushed Oreos, and a creamy and chocolatey center, this dessert is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate pudding mix
- Powdered Sugar
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
How to Make Oreo Dirt Cake
If you haven’t made this dessert before, it’s surprisingly easy to make! You’ll just need a handful of ingredients to get started.
Oreo Layers – First, you’ll crush the Oreos to make the top and bottom layers. I put the cookies in a plastic bag and used a rolling pin to crush them. You could easily use a food processor instead. Once they’re crushed, spread half of the cookies in an even layer in a 9 x 13 pan.
Make The Filling – Next, it’s time to mix up the filling. In a medium bowl, you’ll whisk together the pudding mix and milk and let it set for a few minutes. Next, in a large bowl mix together the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Add the pudding and the Cool Whip, and you’re all set!
Compile – Next, spread the chocolate filling mixture evenly over the Oreo cookie base.
Top Layer – Finally, top the dirt cake with the remaining crushed Oreos to make the top layer. Easy peasy!
Cool – Let the Oreo dirt cake chill for at least two hours so the filling can set up, and then you are ready to serve!
This Oreo dirt cake recipe has such a delicious blend of flavors and textures! The chocolate filling is so creamy and luscious, and the Oreos add the perfect amount of crunchy texture.
It’s such an easy dessert to make ahead for company, instead of spending the whole day working in the kitchen. Give it a try next time you need a special dessert!
More Oreo Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Mini Cheesecakes With Oreo Crust
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
Oreo Dirt Cake Recipe
- 1 15.5 ounce package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 3.4 ounce packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 16 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- Spread half of the crushed Oreo pieces in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan in an even layer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Add the Cool Whip and chocolate pudding, and mix until combined.
- Spread the pudding layer evenly over the crushed Oreos.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos over the top. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.