This delicious cookies and cream ice cream pie is a refreshing and delicious frozen summer dessert!
I’ve recently come across a new favorite type of dessert. Ice cream pies. They are easy to make with only a few ingredients, and such a fun dessert that everyone loves. And they are customizable because you can pick whatever flavor of ice cream you want! I do have to say though, this cookies and cream ice cream pie might be my favorite!
This ice cream pie starts with a simple homemade Oreo crust, but if you’re not in the mood to make it or to heat up your oven to make the crust you can buy a store bought crust which would make this treat completely no bake. The crust is topped with hot fudge, a creamy ice cream mixture which is packed full of EXTRA Oreo cookies, and topped with whipped cream (or cool whip).
I hope you’ll love this pie as much as I do!
COOKIES AND CREAM ICE CREAM PIE
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 4 TBS butter, melted
- 8 oz chocolate fudge, divided
- 1 quart cookies and cream ice cream
- 6 oz whipped cream, divided (or cool whip)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 18 Oreo cookies in the Blender or Food Processor, using the pulse button to crush the Oreos to a fine crumb consistency.
- In a medium bowl, mix your cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir completely.
- Spread the Oreo crumbs in the bottom of a 9” pie pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 7 minutes in the preheat oven. Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour 5oz of the hot fudge syrup and spread all around the crust.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and soften enough to mix (about 5 minutes)
- In a large bowl, place the ice cream and 4 oz of the cool whip, and 5 additional Oreo cookies broken in half. Fold together with a large wooden spoon.
- Spread the softened ice cream into the pie plate.
- Wrap pie completely with plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze to harden for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove pie from freezer and spread remaining cool whip over the top.
- Crush 1 remaining Oreo cookie and sprinkle crumbs over the top of pie. Drizzle with hot fudge.
- Slice and enjoy.