These new year’s eve countdown cupcakes are a festive way to ring in the new year. Made with everyone’s favorite Oreo cookies, your party guests will absolutely love these cupcakes!
It doesn’t matter what you have planned for your New Year’s Eve Party, these easy cupcakes make the perfect dessert.
Fun New Year’s Eve Cupcakes
Here is a festive treat you can serve at your New Years Eve party – countdown cupcakes! You can get as creative or as homemade as you’d like- we, of course, like to keep it simple! A boxed cupcake mix with store-bought frosting doesn’t take away from how fun these are!
If you follow me on Instagram, you might recall the Cupcake Fail that happened with these:
And if that wasn’t frustrating enough, 30 minutes later a cupcake from the new batch literally jumped off the tray I was carrying across the room. No one nudged my elbow, I didn’t trip or anything crazy – the cupcake was perfectly stable one second and then dead on the floor the next. What the heck?!
I almost gave up. But since these New Year’s Countdown Cupcakes are so easy (minus being accident-prone) I made one more, quickly snapped some pictures and called it GOOD!
More New Year’s Eve Ideas
Appetizers To Serve On New Year’s Eve
- Ham and Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Best Homemade Salsa
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
Items Used To Make New Year’s Cupcakes
How To Make New Year’s Cupcakes
New Years Cupcakes - Countdown Cupcakes
- 1 Box Cake Mix, plus ingredients from back of box
- 1 Tub Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- Black Food-Safe Marker/Pen
- Cook cake-mix according to cupcake directions on the back of the box. Let them cool completely.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with a decorating bag and tip.
- Carefully remove one side of the Oreo cookies, exposing the frosting. If cookie crumbs are present on the frosting, use a sharp knife to carefully scrape a thin layer off of the frosting, removing the crumbs with it.
- Using a food safe marker or pen, draw a clock face onto the frosting of the Oreo cookies. Place cookie clocks on top of frosted cupcakes.
- Finish off the cupcakes with colorful sprinkles.
Assuming you don’t have any backdrop blunders or crazy cupcakes, you’re done and ready to wow your New Year’s guests! Leave us a comment below and let me know how they turned out or if any of yours spontaneously jumped off the plate.:)
Happy New Year!