Snowman Rice Krispie treats are a fun holiday activity for kids that doubles as a tasty treat! These easy snowman treats are made with delicious peanut butter cups, m&ms and other delicious candies that everyone is sure to love!
A Fun Holiday Treat
Calling all cool moms! Are you ready for a fun winter activity that your kids are going to LOVE?
Snowman Rice Krispie Treats are a great way to entertain the kids at class parties, playgroups, or just for a fun afternoon snack! You can make these snowmen rice krispie treats ahead of time, and then let the kids decorate them when ever you’re ready!
I have also made these adorable treats one year for a Christmas party we were hosting. They were the talk of the party and everyone was asking for a copy of the recipe, so here it is!
How To Make Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispies Treats – Start by making a batch of your favorite Rice Krispies treat recipe. If you need a good version, here’s one of our favorites.
Snowman Body – Once the Rice Krispie treats have cooled (but not hardened) make 3 balls for each snowman body. Make sure each ball is progressively smaller on each set.
Assemble The Snowman – Place the largest ball of the snowman body in a festive cupcake liner and then place a stick down the middle of it. Then place the next two balls on top form the snowman.
Decorate – Cut the top of the stick off so nothing is showing. Then decorate your snowman with your favorite treats. Some candies I used were peppermint patties, Hershey’s kisses, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, a fruit rollup and mini M&Ms.
Easy Handling – Spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent the treats from sticking to your hands as you roll them into balls.
Don’t Let Them Harden – Form the snowmen while the rice krispy treats are still warm and malleable. If they cool too much before you form your snowmen, the rice krispy mixture will harden and be difficult to work with.
Make It Sturdy – Sucker sticks add a lot of stability to the snowmen, especially while they are still warm.
More Fun Snowman Ideas
I don’t know it is about snowmen but I just love these adorable holiday characters. Here are a few more of our favorite snowman treats and crafts to try this holiday season.
- Easy Melted Snowman Cookies
- Best 15 Snowman Treat and Crafts
- Popsicle Stick Snowman Ornament
- Roll A Snowman Dice Game
- Build A Snowman Activity Kit
There you go, a simple and festive treat to make this holiday season. Leave us a comment below and let us know when you make these adorable Rice Krispie snowmen and let us know how they turned out.
Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
- one batch of your favorite rice krispy treats, cooled but not hardened
- pretzel sticks
- candies for decorating
- mini m&m's, eyes & buttons
- fruit rolls, scarf
- candy corn, nose
- peppermint patties, hat
- peanut butter cups or Rolos, hat
- vanilla frosting in a piping bag, or use a ziplock bag with one corner snipped
- cupcake liners
- sucker sticks
- sandwich bag
- Line a cupcake pan with the cupcake liners.
- Form 3 balls per snowman using the cooled (but not hardened) rice krispy treats. Use approximately ½ cup for the base, ⅓ cup for the middle, and ¼ cup for the head.
- Place the ½ cup ball in a cupcake liner and insert a sucker stick, then slide the next two rice krispy treat balls over the sucker stick, so they're all stacked one on top of the other.
- Cut the top of the sucker stick off.
- Decorate with the candies, as desired, using the frosting to help the candies stick to the snowman.