Peanut butter blossoms are an easy holiday cookie recipe that are filled with the delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
Easy Cookie Blossoms
The holidays just wouldn’t be the same without these delicious peanut butter blossoms! These cookies are so easy to make, they’re impossible to mess up.
Plus, who doesn’t love that delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter? It’s one of my favorites and now you can enjoy it in this simple holiday cookie recipe.
The best part about make these peanut butter blossoms during Christmas is that they make a fantastic gift idea. I love using these cookies to create mini gifts for friends and neighbors. We place the cookies in treat bags and tie them up with a ribbon. It’s super simple and delicious!
Ingredients You’ll Need
There’s no fancy ingredients in this recipe. I’m guessing you probably already have most of them already in your pantry.
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Creamy peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
How To Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
Prep – Before you get started, preheat your oven to 375°F. You’ll also want to line your cookie sheets with a baking mat or parchment paper.
Peanut Butter Mixture – Start by beating the shortening and peanut butter together in a large mixing bowl. Next, you’ll want to add both sugars and beat everything until it’s fluffy.
Wet Ingredients – Next, add the egg, milk and vanilla extract to the peanut butter mixture and stir until everything has full blended.
Dry Ingredients – Finally, in a separate bowl, you’ll want to stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Once it is fully mixed, you’ll want to gradually beat it into peanut butter mixture.
Roll – Shape the blossom cookie dough into small balls that are about 1 inch. Roll the balls into more granulated sugar and place them onto the cookie sheet.
Cook – Bake the peanut butter blossoms for about 9 minutes or until they are lightly brown.
Blossom – Once you remove the cookies from the oven, immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each one. The cookies will (and should) crack around the edges.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Funfetti Christmas Cookies
- Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies
- Easiest Sugar Cookie Recipe
- The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar , additional for rolling
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat the shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in more granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
This Peanut Butter Blossom Recipe first published in January 2014.
Today’s Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe is sponsored by Hershey’s Kisses.