This simple peppermint parfait recipe is made with brownies, whipped cream, and a homemade cheesecake layer filled with crushed peppermint candies. These tasty little treats can be ready for your holiday festivities in just a few minutes!
If you love the flavors of peppermint this holiday season as much as we do, be sure to try a few more of our favorite peppermint recipes – Peppermint Cheesecake Cookies, Peppermint Marshmallow Pops, Peppermint Popcorn, Candy Cane Cookie Bars, and Candy Cane Protein Truffles.
With all the holiday celebrations and the busy schedules this time of year, I can definitely appreciate a sweet treat that requires little or no effort to prepare. These cheesecake peppermint parfaits are perfect!
Chocolatey brownie bites, creamy peppermint cheesecake, and a homemade whipped cream that ties everything together! Add some crushed peppermint candies and some chocolate shavings to dress it up and you’ve got an impressive, delicious little treat in just a few minutes!
One of the things I love most about these is that you serve them in individual serving cups – which makes entertaining a breeze when you have them ready to go when your guests arrive.
If you love the flavor combinations of the chocolate and mint, definitely give these peppermint brownie parfaits a try!
How To Make Peppermint Parfaits
I brought all the ingredients of these cheesecake peppermint parfaits to my mother-in-law’s house and I was able to prepare them in between all of the other holiday craziness. Everyone loved them, they taste amazing, and they could not be any easier to make!
- Brownies – Buy some brownies from the bakery, or make your own at home. Box brownie mix is just fine, or try our recipe for homemade brownies. (It’s amazing!!)
- Whipped Cream/ Whipped Topping – You can buy Cool Whip or Whipped Cream at the store, or follow the recipe below for a homemade version using heavy whipping cream and sugar. (It’s so easy and delicious!)
- Peppermint Cheesecake – You will need the following ingredients:
- cream cheese
- peppermint extract
- crushed peppermint candy – you can use candy canes, peppermint discs, or the buttery peppermint that melt in your mouth << those are my favorite!
- whipped cream
- Garnish – Chocolate shavings, unsweetened cocoa powder, chocolate wafers, chocolate cookies, or crushed peppermints look pretty!
For the whipped cream – Combine the heavy whipping cream and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the peppermint cheesecake – Beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until fluffy. Mix in the 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
Gently fold in the crushed peppermint candy. This will dye the mixture a light pink that looks so pretty- no food red coloring needed!
Finally, fold in 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream.
Assemble – Place a layer of brownies on the bottom of a small glass. Top with a layer of peppermint cheesecake mixture, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layers until your jars are full. (When I use my small parfait glasses, I only have space for 1 layer each.)
Garnish – Add chocolate shavings and crushed peppermints. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
That’s it! Such a simple and delicious dessert! Aren’t these peppermint cheesecake parfaits so pretty, too?
More Holiday Treats –
- Big, Soft Gingersnap Cookies
- Best Homemade Chocolate Fudge
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Chex Muddy Buddies
- Take 5 Cookie Bites
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
for the brownie layer:
- 12 brownies, homemade or store-bought
for the whipped cream layer:
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
for the peppermint cheesecake layer:
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 cup whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- crushed peppermints
- For the whipped cream – Combine the heavy whipping cream and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the peppermint cheesecake – Beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until fluffy. Mix in the peppermint extract. Gently fold in the crushed peppermint candy. Finally, fold in 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream.
- Assemble – Place a layer of brownies on the bottom of a small glass. Top with a layer of peppermint cheesecake, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layers until your jars are full. (When I use my small parfait jars, I only have space for 1 layer each.) Garnish with chocolate shavings and crushed peppermints.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Wonderful festive recipe! =)
These sound yummy and look so holiday-ish! I might have to make these! Thank you for sharing!