These oatmeal peanut butter cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and need only 7 ingredients. Plus, they’re gluten free so everyone can enjoy them!
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
There’s something about that delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter that really makes my heart sing. So I decided to add these incredible flavors to a classic oatmeal cookie.
This peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe is actually really simple to make and it’s always a hit when I make them. They only take a few minutes to whip up and you don’t even need to break out your kitchen mixer.
Normally I break out the mixer when I make my famous chocolate chip cookies, but there’s no need for it with this recipe. I just use a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon. The dough comes together in about 30 seconds.
Also, if you’re gluten-free, this is a great cookie recipe because it’s flourless. You don’t have to use those expensive flours on this treat and can save them for another day!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This delicious oatmeal cookies only need these 7 basic ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your pantry.
- Creamy peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Rolled oats
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How To Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Prep – You’ll want to start by preheating your oven to 350°. You’ll also want to line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Combine – First, add all of ingredients into a mixing bowl with the exception of the chocolate chips. Then, thoroughly mix all of the ingredients together. For this recipe I just used a wooden spoon.
Chocolate – Once everything has combined, stir the chocolate chips into the dough.
All Balled Up – Next, form the oatmeal cookie dough into 12 balls. They should be about the size of a golf ball. Place the dough balls on the baking sheet and then slightly flatten them.
Cook – Bake the peanut butter oatmeal cookies for about 10-12 minutes, or until just beginning to turn golden. Then allow them to cool slightly before serving!
Best Chocolate – I’m a milk chocolate kinda gal, but these oatmeal cookies are best when made with semi-sweet chocolate chips. I bet they’d be amazing with dark chocolate chips too!
Gluten Free – This recipe is perfect for those with dietary restrictions. Just make sure your oats are certified gluten-free and you’re all set!
More Peanut Butter & Chocolate Recipes
- Easy Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Mousse Cups
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat, set aside.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl. Thoroughly combine (I just use a wooden spoon, you don’t need a mixer for this recipe!).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form cookie dough into 12 balls (roughly the size of a golf ball). Place on prepared pan and slightly flatten the dough balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just beginning to turn golden.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!
- I’m a milk chocolate kinda gal, but these cookies are best when made with semi-sweet chocolate chips (and I bet they’d be amazing with dark chocolate chips!)