If you like peanut butter, chocolate and very simple recipes, then these Nutter Butter cookie balls are just for you! Made with delicious cookies and cream cheese, then dipped in chocolate, these truffles quickly become one of your favorite treats!
Is there anything better than a treat that you can make at home with only 3 ingredients? Oreo Cookie Truffles, Rolo Pretzel Turtles, Pumpkin Cookie Bites, and these delicious Nutter Butter treats are dangerously delicious and super easy to make!
3 Ingredient Nutter Butter Truffles
After making a few batches of Oreo Balls and eating most of them myself (yum!), I was inspired to try a new variety using another one of my favorite cookies – Nutter Butters!
Delicious peanut butter cookies mixed with cream cheese and dipped in chocolate – do I have your attention yet?
I tried making these with peanut butter instead of cream cheese. It works and definitely makes them more peanut-buttery-ish. However, the texture is not as smooth with the peanut butter as it is with the cream cheese, so keep that in mind if you decide to try it!
How To Make Nutter Butter Balls
Crush It – Use your food processor, blend the nutter butter cookies until they are they have been finely ground.
Mix It – Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese with the cookie crumbs together until fully mixed. This will take several minutes to do.
Form It – Take the cream cheese mixture and form them into small balls and place them onto a tray lined with wax paper.
Cool It – Place the cookie balls in the fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes to allow them to cool and harden.
Dip It – Melt the chocolate and then take each cookie ball and dip them until they’re covered. Place them back on the wax paper until they have set.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Spring Nutter Butter Truffles
- Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Colorful Jello Cookies
Nutter Butter Cookie Balls Recipe
Now it’s time for you to give this simple recipe a try. Let us know if you make these delicious cookie balls by leaving us a comment below, or by tagging us on social media.
Nutter Butter Cookie Balls
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies, Both the mini cookies and the regular sized ones work well for this recipe
- 1 (8 oblock of cream cheese
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a food processor or a blender, crush up the cookies until finely ground.
- Place the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese in a stand mixer (I am sure you can use a hand mixer or even mix it together with your hands, but it will take a bit more time and effort on your part.)
- Mix for several minutes until well-blended.
- Form mixture into small balls and place on waxed paper.
- Put in the fridge or freezer for about 20 minutes. Melt your chocolate and dip the cookie balls into the chocolate, tapping off the excess chocolate.
- Let sit on waxed paper or foil until set.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: This is a guest post written by Ashley from Simply Designing. Please visit her site for craft tutorials, recipes and home decor inspiration.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in April 2011.