Salty Sweet Cookies
Are you ready for an easy cookie recipe that tastes amazing?! Last month I shared some delicious chocolate peanut butter cupcakes that my husband just can’t get enough of! That delicious flavor combination of those cupcakes was the inspiration for this recipe. Deliciously soft and chewy peanut butter cookies sprinkled with rich chocolate chips that make them extra gooey and yummy!
I’m not a huge fan of cookies that are overly rich and decadent, and these cookies are the perfect amount of sweet! I definitely prefer eating them warm, right out of the oven (mostly because I can’t wait too long to dive in!) but I also just love the combination of a warm cookie with a cold glass of milk – doesn’t that sound amazing right now?
I love a good chocolate chip cookie, but I think this new version with peanut butter might be my new favorite! These rich cookies make a tasty and satisfying snack and simple dessert.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
Get Ready – Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F so you’re ready to bake once the dough is ready. I also like to like my baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Mix It Up – I prefer to mix the ingredients together with a stand mixer. If you don’t have one just grab a large mixing bowl. Cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar until everything has blended together well.
Next, add the egg and vanilla and them stir until the mixture is smooth. Once smooth, add the flour, baking soda, salt to the bowl and then mix until everything has blended together. Once the dough is made, fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly mixed.
Roll & Mash – Roll out balls of dough that are about the size of a tablespoon and place them on the cookie sheet and then mash them down with a fork.
And The Heat – Bake the peanut butter cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are a light golden brown around the bottom.
Is Your Dough Crumbly – If the dough turned out a little crumbly, add a little milk to the dough and stir. The dough should be thick but still hold together well.
Cook The Evenly – To make sure the peanut butter cookies bake evenly, be sure to equally space them on the cookie sheet. Size matters when baking cookies, so be sure to roll the balls of dough in equal sizes. I typically use a cookie scoop to form the dough.
Switch The Chips – Sometimes I like to mix up the recipe and use white chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips to make these cookies. Either way, this recipe is amazing!
More Recipes That Use Peanut Butter
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Crumb Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Banana Granola
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
Let us know if you make these cookies by leaving a comment below or by tagging us on social media.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk, as needed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two large baking sheets by spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well blended.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until blended.
- Add milk as needed if the dough is crumbly. The dough should be thick but should hold together well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Scoop tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheets and mash down with a fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the bottoms.
- Serve warm with cold milk!