Enjoy your favorite dessert in cookie form with these tasty blueberry cobbler cookies. Made with just a few basic ingredients these cookies are easy to make whenever you’re craving them.
The Best Blueberry Cookie
Are you an oatmeal cookie lover like me? Don’t get me wrong, I am an equal opportunity cookie consumer and I will eat pretty much any cookie you set in front of me. I love pretty much all cookies, from gooey chocolate chip cookies to sweet frosted sugar cookies to crisp buttery shortbread cookies.
But oatmeal cookies have a special place in my heart. Somehow, to me, they’re the most homey of cookies and are so comforting and delicious to eat! My husband and I have frequent debates about what kind of mix-ins our oatmeal cookies should have. He is firmly in the chocolate chip cookie camp (what??) and I’m convinced that they’re just not oatmeal cookies without raisins.
These blueberry cobbler cookies are the compromise we came up with (he loves blueberries, I love fruit in my cookies) and I think they’re even more delicious than any of the previous options we’ve tried!
These blueberry crumble cookies are soft and chewy, just slightly crisp around the edges, and studded with delicious sweet blueberries. The dried blueberries take in some of the moisture from the cookie dough and plump up while they bake. The combination of cinnamony cookies and sweet blueberries is fantastic! I think these are definitely some of the best oatmeal cookies I’ve ever made, and I hope you’ll enjoy them too!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter (softened)
- Brown sugar
- Old fashioned oats
- All purpose flour & whole wheat flour
- Baking soda
- Dried blueberries
How To Make Blueberry Cobbler Cookies
Prep – Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. You’ll also want to line two large baking sheets with a baking mat or parchment paper.
Wet Ingredients – First, cream together the butter and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy. Next, add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla, and mix everything together until it has fully combined.
Dry Ingredients – Next, add all of the dry ingredients, except the blueberries, to the bowl and stir is until everything has been mixed together. Finally, fold the blueberries into the batter with a spatula.
Cook – Scoop the dough about a tablespoon at a time and place them onto the baking sheets. Bake the blueberry cobbler cookies for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges.
More Easy Blueberry Recipes
- Lemon & Blueberry Scones
- Blueberry Lemon Pancake Recipe
- Homemade Blueberry Honey Butter
- Easy Blueberry Granola Bars
- The Best Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Cobbler Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3.5 oz dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line two large baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla, and mix to combine. Add the oats, flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, and mix until combined. Fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges.