Combine sweet blueberries and honey for a topping that tastes great on pancakes, toast, muffins, bagels, and even gourmet vegetables. It’s a tasty spread that’s easy to whip together in a matter of minutes.
I’ve made various compound butters over the years, but this ranks as one of my very favorites! It’s simple to make, fresh, and delicious!
My favorite way to eat it is to spread it over pancakes, but you can eat it with a spoon, if that’s your thing!
Here’s how to make it –
How To Make Blueberry Honey Butter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice, optional
- 1 cup (2 cubes) butter
- Add Some Heat – Put the blueberries, honey and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring everything to a boil over medium heat. Once it becomes a deep purple color you’ll know it’s ready.
- Chill Out – Remove the blueberry mixture from the stove and allow it to cool.
- Blend – Using a standard blender, combine the mixture with the butter. You’ll want to blend everything until it is nice and smooth.
- Serve – I love to spread this blueberry honey butter on a warm piece of toast in the morning. It also goes great on pancakes, waffles, English muffins and anything else you can think of!
Blueberry Interesting Facts
- Wild blueberries have a brighter color due to the fact that they have twice the antioxidants as the cultivated blueberries. They pack a lot into a little body.
- Wild blueberries are rich in potassium, vitamin C, folic acid, and dietary fiber. My favorite is fiber since it satisfies hunger with fewer calories. #SwimsuitSeason
- Honey bees are responsible for pollinating one-third of our nation’s produce. No bees? No berries.
Free Gift Tag Printable
Want to give this blueberry honey butter as a gift to neighbors and friends? Simply download and print our free labels and attach them to jar lids with glue or double sided tape!
Blueberry Honey Butter
- Place blueberries, honey, and lemon juice in a pan. If you like, mash the blueberries with a fork.
- On medium – medium high heat, bring the mixture to a low boil, until it becomes a rich purple color.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a blender, combine blueberry mixture and butter, then beat until smooth.
- Serve on bread, biscuits, English muffins, pancakes, croissants, rolls, etc, and enjoy!!
This recipe was inspired by my visit to the Honeybee Summit. Wyman’s of Maine sponsored my trip to Prince Edward Island, however I was not compensated monetarily for this recipe. All opinions and thoughts are my own.