Blueberry granola bars are packed with goodness! Crunchy almonds and flax seeds, sweet blueberries and chewy coconut. They take only a few minutes to mix up, and are incredibly easy to make!
An Easy On-The-Go Snack
I work long days as a nurse, and one of the traps I fall into is forgetting to pack healthy snacks to keep me energized throughout the day. These blueberry granola bars are just the ticket for giving me a little energy boost as I work, and they definitely help keep me from coming home completely ravenous and ready to eat all the junk food in sight!
If you’ve never made granola bars before, you are in for a special treat! Not only are these blueberry granola bars healthy and filling, they are also SUPER SIMPLE to make!
How to Make Granola Bars
Preheat & Prep – Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. I also like to line my baking pan with parchment paper to make it easier to get out after baking and for easier cleanup.
Dry Ingredients – Start by mixing together the oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar, blueberries, flax seeds, salt and almonds.
Wet Ingredients – Next, in a separate smaller bowl, you’ll mix the coconut oil, honey, coconut extract, and vanilla together until it’s fully blended.
Mix & Bake – Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and then toss until everything is fully coated. Then, press the mixture into a casserole dish lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool, then slice into bars! So easy, right?
More Delicious Snacks
- 30 Easy Snack Ideas For Kids
- Protein Energy Bites
- Healthy Snack Ideas
- Peanut Butter and Banana Snack Crackers
- Chewy Pumpkin Granola Bars
Let us know if you make these granola bars by leaving us a comment below, or by tagging us on social media!
Blueberry Granola Bars Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, coconut, brown sugar, salt, flax seeds, almonds, and blueberries.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together the coconut oil, honey, coconut extract, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Let cool, then slice into bars.