This patriotic popcorn is a simple white chocolate popcorn recipe packed with little bites of milk chocolatey goodness! This red, white and blue dessert is perfect for any patriotic celebration.
An Easy Patriotic Treat
I just love getting together with family and friends to enjoy a summer BBQ. It gets even better when we come together to celebrate one of our country’s patriotic holidays. Whether it’s Memorial Day or the 4th of July Enjoy, there’s no better way to celebrate than by hosting a party with patriotic decorations and food.
Homemade popcorn is one of my favorite treats. It is super simple to make and you can easily customize it for any special occasion! I’ve tried a ton of popcorn recipes, but this white chocolate version is one of my favorites! This delicious, patriotic, red white and blue treat is perfect for these festive occasions! It’s the perfect treat to take to a barbecue or firework viewing party. Anyway you have it, I promise you’ll love this tasty treat!
How To Make Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
This white chocolate popcorn recipe is one of my favorites because of just how simple it is. It’s really as easy as 1, 2, 3…4.
Pop – Start by popping the popcorn kernels in a brown bag in the microwave or an air popper.
Melt – Heat up the white chocolate chips in the microwave until they’re melted and creamy. I’d recommend doing this in 30 second increments to make sure you don’t over heat them. Also, give them a little stir after each burst to make sure it heats evenly.
Combine – Using a big bowl, pour the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and give it a good stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.
Set – Once coated, pour the popcorn out onto a lined baking sheet until the chocolate cools and hardens.
Recipe Tip & Variation
Candy – I used a patriotic bag of M&M’s which had red, white and blue candies, but you can use a regular bag and just pick out the ones you need if you can’t find the patriotic ones. (I’ve done this many times!)
Other Holidays – You can switch this popcorn recipe up for any holiday or celebration by adding different colors of M&M’s, but isn’t this patriotic popcorn so festive and cute?
More Patriotic Treats
- Patriotic Red, White + Blue Cupcakes
- 4th of July Tic Tac Lables
- Layered 4th of July Drinks
- Delicious 4th of July Cookies
- Patriotic Jello Cookies Recipe
Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels, makes 12 cups popcorn
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms
- Pop your popcorn kernels in the microwave or in an airpopper.
- Put your white chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl and microwave for 30 second increments until smooth and creamy, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour melted white chocolate over popcorn in a large bowl and stir together to coat popcorn.
- Sprinkle in M&Ms.
- Pour popcorn onto a cookie sheet, or counter top lined with parchment paper and allow popcorn to set until chocolate is hardened.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Ellen and Aimee are the mother & daughter duo behind the blog Like Mother Like Daughter. They share their favorite family recipes that will quickly become favorites for your family too! Aimee was a contributor on Somewhat Simple in 2016.