These soft and chewy M&M chocolate chip pudding cookies are so easy to make! Made with vanilla pudding, they turn out soft and delicious every time.
M&M Vanilla Pudding Cookies
My kids are nuts for M&Ms – they are their very favorite candies! So you can probably imagine their excitement when they came home from school one day to find homemade cookies WITH M&M’s!
This simple act was enough to nominate me for Mom of the Year! We sat down together with a glass of milk and munched on this special treat while they told me all about their day.
These cookies have the perfect texture, thanks to a very special ingredient – vanilla pudding mix. Seriously, if you haven’t tried pudding cookies yet you have no idea what you are missing!
The pudding makes the cookies soft and moist, but they still hold together really well and they don’t crumble when you bite into them. These are just great all-around cookies, and the M&Ms make them so fun and colorful!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Prep – Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. You’ll also want to line your baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
Wet Ingredients – Toss the butter, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and the egg into a bowl and then use a mixer to cream everything together.
Dry Ingredients – Once the butter mixture is creamy, pour all of the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl. Mix everything until it has combined. Once combined, fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
Roll Out – Make 1 inch balls of dough and place them evenly spaced onto your baking sheets.
Cook – Bake the chocolate chip pudding cookies for 10 minutes in the oven. They should be golden brown around the edges when they’re done.
Cool – Let the M&M pudding cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Serve with a glass of milk and enjoy!
Dry Dough – If your dough is a little dry and crumbly, go ahead and add a teaspoon or two of milk to the mixture.
Instant Only – You should only use instant vanilla pudding in this cookie recipe. Do not use the cook & serve version.
Mix It Up – You can also substitute the M&Ms for some of your other favorite candies like crushed Heath bars or Reese’s Pieces.
Storing & Freezing
Freeze Dough – You can definitely freeze this vanilla pudding chocolate chip cookie dough. Just let it thaw enough to be able to roll it into balls.
Storing – These pudding cookies will stay fresh if they’re stored in an airtight container for about 3-4 days.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- 10 Minute Sugar Cookies from Scratch
- Jello Cookies
- Devils Food Cake Cookies
- Oatmeal Turtle Cookie Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
How to Make M&M Cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons milk, as needed
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini M&M candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt, and mix to combine.
- If the mixture is dry and crumbly, add a teaspoon or two of milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and M&M candies.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop rounded scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, placing one inch apart.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes, or until lightly golden around the bottom.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack.