easy kentucky derby desserts
You don’t have to be in attendance at Churchill Downs to participate in the excitement of the Kentucky Derby! Celebrate at-home with your friends and neighbors, and bring out a delicious dessert! (Or 2 or 3!)
There are so many delicious flavors associated with the derby – classic dishes that celebrate the great state of Kentucky. I’ve got a round up of 10 favorite Kentucky Derby Dessert recipes you and your guests will LOVE!
kentucky derby dessert recipes
- Derby Cupcakes, from Polka Dot Chair. The flavors of a Derby Pie in cupcake form!
- Kentucky Derby Ice Cream, from Life Currents. Made in a VitaMix, tastes delicious and is DAIRY FREE! What????
- Derby Cake Pops Kara’s Party Ideas. I think these cake pops are seriously so cute!
- Triple Crown Cupcakes celebrate the Kentucky Derby in the best way possible – with adorable Nutter Butter horses on chocolate-frosted cupcakes. From Southern Living.
- Strawberry Meringue Roses are the perfect addition for a Kentucky Derby Party! From House of Ideas.
- Derby Hat Cookies, from Bakerella. The details of these hat cookies are simply darling!
- Instead of the predictable pecan and dark chocolate pie, make Derby Cupcakes inspired by that delicious gooey dessert! (And grab the free printable too!)
- Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars make the perfect dessert – and they are super simple to make too! Filled with whole grains, it’s fabulously decadent yet so nutritious!
- Red Rose Cake, from I Am Baker. Nothing quite as elegant as a red rose, right?
- Sugar Cookie Flower Pots with Strawberry Roses are a simple treat that really make a statement!
Your Kentucky Derby dessert table is going to look fantastic!
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms