This Pomegranate Chia Smoothie Recipe will help you stay energized throughout your busy day!
Before we set out for our fun day, we fueled up on a delicious, energizing pomegranate chia smoothie. The chia seeds are packed with nutrients and antioxidants, plus it will give you a boost of energy to get through the day. Juicy pomegranate arils are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants too. Pomegranates are considered one of the healthier fruits, and we love pomegranate juice, so when fresh pomegranates are available, we’re excited to eat the fresh arils (the seeds surrounded by that delicious juice!).
This smoothie gets a thumbs up from my older kids! It’s simple but delicious. Because the pomegranate seeds that are blended right into the smoothie, it has a bit of a grainy texture. If you prefer it a little smoother, simply pour it through a strainer into your glass. I usually take this quickstep because it only takes a few extra seconds, and we prefer our smoothies to be, well, smooth.
How To Make A Pomegranate Chia Smoothie
- 1 cup plain yogurt (preferably with live and active cultures)
- 1½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1 cup frozen berry mix (or other preferred fruit)
- 10 drop liquid stevia, or preferred sweetener to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high-powdered blender jar and then process until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer, if desired, into glasses.
- Yields approximately 2 cups of smoothie.
- Other fruits can be substituted for the frozen berries, so play around with some of your favorites. Bananas, grapes, plums and oranges are some of ours!
Pomegranate Chia Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup plain yogurt preferably with live and active cultures
- 1½ tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup frozen berry mix or other preferred fruit
- 10 drops liquid stevia or preferred sweetener to taste
Add all ingredients to a high-powdered blender jar and then process until smooth.
Pour through a strainer, if desired, into glasses.