This bubblegum scripture reading idea is a perfect handout for a lesson on scripture study!
Several years ago, the visiting teaching message for the month was on scripture study. I immediately thought of re-making a cute bubblegum scripture reading printable for the ladies that I visit teach. Look at this cute poem-
I wish I knew to original source of the poem – the copy I have just says “Author Unknown”. There are several variations I found on Pinterest, and none of them seemed to credit an author either, so if this is your original idea, or if you know where it first came from, please leave me a comment and I will be happy to give credit.
Take a look at the video I made showing how I gifted these fun handouts. I’ve also included the bubblegum printable at the end of this post, so feel free to grab your free copy:
Here is the step-by-step process:
Bubblegum Scripture Reading Handout Tutorial
- 1 Mason jar
- scrapbook paper
- big circle punch, optional
- single hole punch
- twine or ribbon
- bubblegum printable (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD)
- bubblegum (big package HERE << Amazon affiliate link)
- Fill your Mason jar with bubblegum.
- Punch or cut out a circle large enough to cover the lid of your jar.
- Place the metal lid on top of the jar, place the scrapbook paper on top of the lid, then secure in place by screwing on the metal ring
- Print out 1 sheet of bubblegum tags. Cut out 1 tag and punch a hole in the corner.
- Tie a piece of twine around the neck of the jar, then slip the twine through the hole in the corner of the tag. Tie a bow to secure.
- …and you’re done!
It doesn’t get any easier or cuter than that!
Here is a look at what the Bubblegum Scripture Reading printable looks like:
Right-click to save the above image to your computer, or CLICK HERE to download the free PDF.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in July 2009