A great way to help kids listen to General Conference! Download our Free General Conference Snack Shop Printables and start “feasting” on the words of our church leaders!
For the past several years, our family has been doing this fun General Conference Snack tradition. The kids love it, and I love that they’re listening to the LDS General Conference. Well, at least trying to. 😉
Rewarding good behavior is not beneath me.
Neither are bribes. 😉
The concept is simple: Any time a word is said (whether in a talk, song, prayer, or announcement) each child grabs a treat or snack from the bowl by that word. Sometimes my kids choose to eat it right then, but sometimes they put it in their bags and save it for later.
General Conference Snack Shop
- 6 bowls
- 6 different snacks or candies
- General Conference Snack Shop Cards (download below)
- scissors + stapler or tape
- laminator (optional)
- sandwich bags or lunch sacks
- General Conference Snack Shop Name Tags (download below)
- Download our free printables below.
- Cut out.
- Laminate (optional).
- Fill individual bowls with snacks/candies
- Place cards in front of bowls.
- Staple or tape name tags to bag or sack fronts.
- Start listening and enjoying conference!
(I love these sweet pictures by Phyllis Luch, which are found in the Primary Children’s Songbook.)
- Especially if you have younger children, only put a small amount in the bowls at a time – you can always refill as you go. Soggy toddler fingers can be a total game changer, friends.
- Some suggestions for your General Conference Snack Shop might include:
Trail mix items
Assorted popcorn flavors
Cut up fruit and/or veggies
2 bowls each of graham cereal, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips
Each family member’s favorite candy
Assorted bite-sized cookies + crackers
Pizza toppings for individual pizzas later on
- Looking for more ways to help the little ones sit longer? We’ve also created this General Conference Activity Packet Free Printables! Use these together to make your General Conference weekend something the kids look forward to every year!