Strawberry Shortcake kabobs are fresh, easy and delicious! Layers of sweet biscuits, whipped cream, and tart strawberries make a simple appetizer or dessert that looks impressive!
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
Today we are layering sugar sprinkled biscuits, whipped topping, and strawberries to create a beautiful dessert that is simple, fun and tasty! Serve this Strawberry Shortcake as an appetizer or dessert for your next ladies’ brunch, luncheon, baby shower or bridal shower. It looks impressive, it tastes amazing, and it couldn’t be any easier to create! Here’s how –
YOU WILL NEED –
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuit dough*
- 1 egg white
- sugar for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon water
- 20 large strawberries, sliced into 1/2 inch slices**
- 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip, defrosted
- 20 wooden skewers, cut to size
- 1-1/2 inch biscuit cutter
*One can of biscuits made 20 appetizers WITHOUT using the scraps. If you use the scraps you’ll get more, but you’ll need to adjust the other ingredients.
**Keep the strawberry slices stacked on themselves so you can use the same strawberries for one skewer. This way they fit together better.
On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 5-inch circle, then cut out 7 – 1-1/2 inch circles from each flattened biscuit.
Place the small circles on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Whisk together the egg white and water, then brush the mixture onto each biscuit and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown, then transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before constructing the skewers.
- For a cleaner application fill a piping bag with the cool whip.
- Place the bottom biscuit round on the platter and then pierce from the top with a skewer. This will help the shortcake stand.
Start layering – biscuit, strawberry, cool whip. Repeat twice, ending with a third biscuit on top.
… and that’s it!
Aren’t these so pretty??
Here is the printable recipe card –
Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 20 large strawberries
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip, defrosted
- white sugar for sprinkling
- 20 skewers, cut to size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll a biscuit into a 5-inch circle.
- Cut 7 - 1 1/2 inch circles and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the egg white and water.
- Brush on each biscuit and sprinkle with sugar.
- Once the biscuits are baked, transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before constructing the skewers.
- Then start layering; biscuit, strawberry, cool whip, do this twice ending with a third biscuit on top.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Sheryl is a busy homemaker and blogger of Lady Behind the Curtain. She shares easy solutions for entertaining, including fun ideas for holiday and birthday recipes to everyday little celebrations. Sheryl was a Food Contributor on SomewhatSimple.com in 2016.