Making your own spit-up rag has never been easier… or cuter! Here are 5 DIY Baby Burp Cloths that are perfectly simple and absolutely darling!
Homemade Burp Rags
Homemade burp cloths make the perfect gift for a baby shower! (Can you ever have too many?) You can personalize them with initials and monograms, or customize them to match a baby’s nursery or every outfit in their closet!
Burp rags are not only useful, but they are also super simple to make!
Today I wanted to share a few different tutorials with some of the cutest burp cloths online. Many of these sewing projects have free patterns for you to download, so you can start creating right away!
YOU WILL NEED:
- sewing machine
- sewing supplies – scissors/ rotary cutter, straight pins, thread,
- a cutting mat
- prewashed fabric
- burp cloth pattern / template
5 Favorite DIY Burp Cloths
1. Free Burp Rag Sewing Pattern, from Apple Green Cottage. A quick and easy beginner sewing project that is the perfect newborn welcoming gift! This is a great project to use your scrap fabric, or you can mix and match any cute fabric prints.
2. Chenille-Backed Burp Cloths, from Made. Before she was a blogger, Dana made and sold these exact burp cloths in her Etsy shop! She shares her fabric choices and special tips on packaging in her super informative tutorial!
3. DIY Cotton-Print Burp Rags, from The Crafted Sparrow. A necessity in your diaper bag, and a go-to gift to make for new moms!
4. Fun and Quick Flannel Fabric Burp Cloth, from Made to Be a Momma with instructions on I Heart Naptime. Making your own burp cloths out of flannel ensure that they are a bit softer, but you can definitely make them out of cotton fabric, terry cloth, or Minky fabric if you would like! Grab the baby burp cloth pattern and make some today!
5. The Very Best DIY Burp Rags, from KaleyAnn. Trusty, absorbent cloth diapers made PRETTY! You can add scrap fabric or ribbon around the perimeter and make a boring cloth look great! Such a simple project that makes a great baby gift!
I hope you found a tutorial you love! Now let’s get sewing!