This simple baby shower game idea is fun to play, easy to put together and it’s super helpful for the mother-to-be!
Simple Baby Shower Game – Guess What’s In The Bag
I am going to go on the record and say I am not a huge fan of baby shower games. (Whew! It feels good to get that off my chest!) BUT, every shower has them and most shower attendees expect to play something, right? So when a friend of mine was pregnant with her first little boy, we threw her a shower and decided to play a baby shower game that was easy and fun.
This particular baby shower game is also very useful- the mom-to-be got to keep all of the “props”, which definitely helped prepare for the arrival of her little one. Here is what we did:
How To Play This Baby Shower Game
- 10 gift bags– all with a letter on them that spells out BABY SHOWER
- 10 baby items, 1 for each bag, that start with the corresponding letter on each bag. (List of ideas below)
- Copies of our FREE PRINTABLE (download below)
- Pencils or pens
- Prize for the winner
HOW TO PLAY:
- Set up the bags with baby items inside.
- Hand out a pencil and copy of the printable.
- Without picking up the bags, guests try to figure out what could be inside and they write down their answers on their paper. After 5-10 minutes (or however long you need) have the mom-to-be open each gift, revealing the right answer. The mom-to-be keeps all the items in the bags, but whoever guesses the most items correctly wins the prize!
Here is an example of what you can put in the bags:
B – bib, bottle, booties,
A – aspirator, apple sauce
B – burp cloth, bath toy
Y – yellow ducky
S – shampoo, soap
H – hangers, hat, headband
W – wipes, wash cloths
R – receiving blanket, rattle, rash cream
… if you have any other ideas, please leave us a comment below- we’d love more options!
Baby Shower Gift Ideas
Baby Shower Ideas
- Baby Shower Trivia Game and Printable
- Outdoor Baby Shower Planning Tips
- Creative Baby Shower Gift Wrapping Idea
Baby Shower Game Free Printable
Right-click on the image above to save it to your computer or CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD a PDF