Whether you’re playing with just a few friends or a huge crowd of couples, these adult party games are sure to entertain! Download our party printables to make the night even better!
We’ve planned a lot of group dates over the years that have been a ton of fun! White Elephant Parties are entertaining, and our High School Reunion Party and festive New Year’s Eve Party were a blast, but a casual night playing games is one of my very favorite group date ideas!
Best Adult Party Games
My husband and I recently started planning monthly game nights with 4 other couples in our neighborhood. The 10 of us pick one night a month and we go out for dinner and then head to one of our homes until the end of the night for games and non-stop laughter!
We all take turns hosting, and the host couple will usually provide drinks and treats for the guests. But we all bring whatever games we’ve recently discovered, and we definitely have our list of ones we LOVE!
If you’re looking for some fun couples party games to play at your next get-together, here are some of our very favorite adult party games! These adult games are perfect for any gathering and it doesn’t matter if it’s a group of couples or not.
Adult Board Games –
Every time we get together for a game night with our friends, we always try out a new board game. Here are several of the best board games we’ve played so far.
- Game of Phones – Use your smartphone to find the weirdest, funniest, and most unexpected responses to game prompts. This game is family-friendly, but your friends’ responses to prompts may not be! 😉
- Things – Probably my favorite board game! We play this with our older kids too, but there is nothing like playing it in a group of fun adults! (They also have a version called Nasty Things which is a lot of fun too!)
- Cards Against Humanity – a party game for horrible people. 🙂 This is one of those games that is fun the first couple of times you play, but after a while, the responses sound the same. I still say you should try it, but just keep that in mind.
- Never Have I Ever – The Game of Poor Life Decisions. We played this with a group of Mormon couples and it was funny to see how little each of us has experienced! No one had slept with a coworker, no one had a drunken encounter with the cops, and no one had a college party regret… GO FIGURE!
- Adult Loaded Questions – Questions include: What is an instant mood killer? / What word sounds dirty…but isn’t? / What TV show would you watch if it included full nudity? It’s the perfect game for an adult game night if you don’t mind some crude humor!
- What Do You Meme? – Pick the best caption for the funny pictures! I have never laughed playing a card game so hard in my life!
- That’s What She Said – The Party Game of Twisted Innuendos. You are given clues about ordinary objects that sound dirty. Trying to keep your mind out of the gutter is easier said than done!
- Pick Your Poison – The “Would You Rather…?” Adult Party Game
- Telestrations After Dark – Draw what you see on one card, then guess what you saw on the next card for hilarious, weird, irresponsible, and just plain wrong outcomes!
- Quick and Dirty – Fast, fun, and totally hilarious! (We just played this last night and I was DYING with some of the responses!)
- Adult Family Feud – This one wasn’t as “adult-like” as some of the others. We split into teams and played guys vs. girls -the guys KILLED us!
- Liar Liar – This one is SO much fun! Each contestant except one is given the same code word. One by one each player describes that code word and then all players try to guess who the Liar is. For example, if the code word is “Country”, someone might say, “I’ve been to 7 countries.” or, “I live in the United States” – anything to describe the codeword. Often times the Liar can fake it pretty well, but sometimes it is extremely obvious who has no clue what the word is!
More Fun Couple or Adult Party Game Ideas
If a board game isn’t your thing or don’t have time to pick one up, here are some of our favorite adult party games that can be played with items that you already have at home.
Four people are chosen for each round. Three of the four are taken out of the room where they cannot hear or see what is going on in the party room. The person that remains is given something to act out – look at the list below for some ideas. Before they start their act, one of the adults who were out of the room is brought back in. They are told to watch the first person’s act very carefully.
Player #1 begins their act and no one is to tell the 2nd player what the actual scene is. When the first demonstration has been completed, the second person takes their place and performs the same act (without knowing exactly what is being acted out) for the third person. The scene is acted out again once more by the third person when the fourth person enters the room. The round ends when the third person has done the act, and the fourth person is asked to guess what scene they have just seen.
Here are some fun scenarios to act out:
- Bathing an elephant (This was the funniest at our party)
- Changing the diapers of twin
- Jumping off a high dive into a pool of Jell-O
- A cat cleaning itself
- Hanging out with Spiderman
- A nerd’s first date
This game is a blast!!! Many times we were all laughing so hard that we were crying! Anyone who ever plans another adult party needs to try this game! We had a really fun crowd, and that is a must, but I can’t see how this would not be funny anywhere!
The Liars Club
We chose a panel of 5 people to be our panel of liars. These 5 people were taken into a room beforehand and given a look at 5 of the most random items you could find around your house. It could be parts of or pieces of something or that random tool in the garage only your husband knows how to use. My brother-in-law is an avid hunter, and the rest of us are not, so one item I remember using was some kind of hunting whistle that looked like a clothespin or something. Just get creative and be random!
The panel is told the real use of each object, but only 1 person on the panel will recite that purpose to the audience- the other 4 members will have to bluff and come up with their own idea on how it can be used. Assign who will be giving the right answers for each object, then give everyone some time to decide what they will say about each object.
How to Play This Party Game
Divide the rest of the audience into teams. You can do this as couples and have multiple teams, or you can split the room down the center and just have team 1 and team 2. When the panel of liars is ready, have them come out and sit in front of everyone. The host will show the audience the first object and then the panel will go in order down the line giving their explanation of how it is used. The teams then guess which panel member was giving the actual purpose of the object.
The team(s) who guess correctly get a point and you move on to the next round with the next object. Keep track of all the points and award the winning team with a candy bar or special treat!
Celebrities Party Game
Before the game begins, each player receives a pen and several slips of paper (usually 5-10 depending on how large the group is) and writes the name of a well-known person on each slip. The names can be famous people, both real and fiction, or people that the majority of the group knows (ie. The principal at school, the crazy neighbor down the street, etc.) Put all the slips of paper into a bowl and split the group into two teams.
There are 3 rounds to this game:
Round One- The team with the youngest person goes first. They select a player to give clues to the rest of his or her team. Play begins when the clue-giver picks a name out of the bowl. From that moment, they have one minute to get their team to guess as many celebrity names as possible before time runs out.
In round one, the clue-giver can say anything he or she wants as long as it is not any part of the celebrity’s name or a direct reference to the name. For Dolly Parton, it is acceptable to say, “She has her own theme park in Tennessee”, but not, “She has a theme park called ‘Dollywood’.” It is also illegal to give clues such as, “Her name begins with a ‘D’.” It is permissible to use other similar named people as clues. For example, “President Obama’s wife’s first name is the same as this person.”
When the team guesses the celebrity name correctly, the clue-giver draws another name from the hat and continues until time is up or there are no more names in the hat. If an illegal clue is given, that name is set aside and another name is drawn from the hat.
When time is up, the team is awarded a point for every name they guessed correctly. They lose a point for every illegal clue that was given and lose three points for every name they pass on.
The next team then picks a clue-giver and round 1 continues until there are no more names in the hat. Teams must rotate the clue-giver each round until every member of the team has been given a chance.
After all of the names have been guessed in round 1, they are returned to the hat.
Round Two- The second round proceeds in the same manner, except that the clue-giver is now limited to only one word. The word can be repeated many times, but only one word is allowed. Hand and body gestures are permitted and encouraged!
Round Three- In the third round, the clue-giver cannot speak at all, but must suggest the name to his or her teammates using only hand motions, gestures, and pantomiming, similar to Charades.
After all the names have been guessed in the third round, the team with the most points is declared the winner.
It is important to remind the players to pay attention to the descriptions at all times. They need to learn about the named people in case they have to describe or guess it in the following rounds.
So there you have it! Our favorite Adult Party Games!
Adult Game Night Party Printables
Enter your name and email address in the form below for immediate access to our printables. Here’s what’s included in this kit –
- an 11×17 poster to put on your door
- 2” circles that can be used for decor, food labels, name tags, drink labels, straw or cupcake toppers… lots of different options!
- a graphic to text out if you don’t want to send a paper invite.
Now get out there and plan a party already!!!
I found your blog through your guest post at "The Polka Dot Chair", and now I'm a follower! 🙂 These are some great ideas. Thanks!
Comments are closed.