Looking for a healthy grilled chicken recipe? This delicious Maple Dijon Chicken is so juicy and flavorful, and it only calls for five ingredients!
When it’s summer time, the thought of heating up the oven for dinner is just unbearable. That’s when the grill comes to the rescue! I love that I can have a delicious meal without making my house unbearably hot. The grill is definitely the way to go for juicy and flavorful meat. This Maple Dijon Chicken is simple and quick to make, and so delicious!
I visited my local SAFEWAY store to pick up a few simple ingredients, and then I was ready to cook! Their O Organics® line, which is exclusive to Safeway and Albertsons company stores, features high quality organic foods at an affordable price. Their mission is to make great tasting organic food available to everyone, at a great value. I love using O Organics® boneless skinless chicken breasts for grilling because they are USDA certified organic, and always good quality. They’re a perfect base for easy weeknight meals!
I made a quick marinade for the chicken using Dijon mustard, maple syrup, fresh thyme, and a little splash of red wine vinegar. The O Organics® 100% pure maple syrup adds so much great flavor! It’s one of my favorite ingredients to cook with, and has a depth of flavor that’s so much richer than pancake syrup. I buy my O Organics® and Open Nature® products at my local Safeway and Albertsons, and you can also find them at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway,
Toss the chicken with the marinade, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until you are ready to grill.
Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes per side, then let it rest 5-10 minutes before serving. I sprinkled mine with a little extra fresh thyme to bump up the flavor just a little bit.
I served our Maple Dijon Chicken with some simple ROASTED VEGETABLES, and it was an easy and delicious summer meal!
Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
Ingredients for the chicken –
- 1 1/2 pounds O Organics® boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup O Organics® 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup O Organics® Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons O Organics® fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions to make the grilled chicken –
- Place the chicken in a large plastic bag. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, and red wine vinegar.
- Pour the maple Dijon mixture over the chicken, seal the bag, and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until ready to grill.
- Grill 5-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
I am always popping in to my local Safeway store to grab items to feed my family. The staff is always so friendly and willing to help – shopping at Safeway really helps make my life easier!
For more information about Albertsons and Safeway, be sure to follow them on social media:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.