This oatmeal face mask that’s made with milk and honey is a simple homemade recipe that will leave your skin feeling clean and moisturized!
Moisturizing Honey & Oatmeal Face Mask
When it comes to beauty regimes, women everywhere are on the never-ending hunt for ways we can keep our skin looking young and vibrant!
For those of you with sensitive skin and acne, honey is a preferred ingredient to help manage breakouts while keeping your skin moisturized because honey is an anti-irritant.
I personally have dry skin, and I moisturize with lotions every morning and night. Honey actually attracts and retains moisture and may keep away early signs of aging – fingers crossed! It can help keep wrinkles away by maintaining proper moisture. Let me show you the mask that I’ve started using that calls for just a few basic ingredients that I keep on hand. (I love it when I don’t have to buy any crazy supplies!)
DIY Oatmeal Face Mask Ingredients
- ½ cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/4 to ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
How To Make An Oatmeal Face Mask
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook oatmeal, water, milk and honey for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently with a spatula or spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Massage a thick layer of plain honey all over your clean face and neck before applying mask.
- Apply mask to your face with upward strokes. Lie down and relax for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and rinse by using a soft facial wash cloth and warm water.
And that’s it- fresh, clean and moisturized skin. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
What Are The Beauty Benefits Of Oatmeal?
Oatmeal has several beauty benefits which is why you find it as an ingredient in many face masks.
- Oatmeal contains many different amino acids which are necessary for healthy skin.
- While oatmeal is not a moisturizer itself, it does help your skin retain moisture. Use it with hydrating ingredients and it will improve your skin’s appearance.
- Because of it’s texture, oatmeal makes a great exfoliate that helps to get rid of dry and dead skin cells.
More Easy Beauty Tips
- Easy Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub
- DIY Citrus Sugar Scrub
- Coconut Oil – 5 Beauty Products You Can Replace
- My 5 Favorite Facial Products