This oatmeal face mask with milk and honey is a simple homemade recipe that will leave your skin feeling clean and moisturized!
When it comes to beauty regimes, women everywhere are on the never-ending hunt for ways we can keep our skin looking young and vibrant!
For those of you with sensitive skin and acne, honey is a preferred ingredient to help manage breakouts while keeping your skin moisturized because honey is an anti-irritant.
I personally have dry skin, and I moisturize with lotions every morning and night. Honey actually attracts and retains moisture and may keep away early signs of aging – fingers crossed! It can help keep wrinkles away by maintaining proper moisture. Let me show you the mask that I’ve started using that calls for just a few basic ingredients that I keep on hand. (I love it when I don’t have to buy any crazy supplies!)
Moisturizing Honey & Oatmeal Face Mask
Ingredients for this oatmeal face mask –
- ½ cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/4 to ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook oatmeal, water, milk and honey for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently with a spatula or spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Massage a thick layer of plain honey all over your clean face and neck before applying mask.
- Apply mask to your face with upward strokes. Lie down and relax for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and rinse by using a soft facial wash cloth and warm water.
And that’s it- fresh, clean and moisturized skin. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
More Easy Beauty Tips
- Easy Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub
- DIY Citrus Sugar Scrub
- Coconut Oil – 5 Beauty Products You Can Replace
- My 5 Favorite Facial Products
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms