Impress your guests with a delicious Cheesecake Strawberry Tart! This simple recipe will make your taste buds fall in love!
Strawberry Tart Recipe
Who doesn’t love fresh strawberries? This simple tart recipe pairs them with a delicious cream-cheese filling that is made in minutes… and it is amazing! The crust is a simple sugar cookie dough, the filling is a sweet cream cheese topped with fresh strawberries and an easy strawberry glaze.
Want to hear something a little crazy about this recipe?
I once smuggled an entire tart into a movie theater.
I posted a picture on Instagram and a friend of mine jokingly asked me to bring it to our girls’ night out. For kicks, I did! I grabbed my biggest purse, plus some forks and plates and my friends and I ate every last bite during the previews! It was definitely an experience I will never forget!
Easy Strawberry Tart
for the crust -
- 16 oz Sugar Cookie Dough, store-bought or homemade
for the cheesecake:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz strawberry greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
for the strawberry topping:
- 2 lbs strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp strawberry Jell-o powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 tart dishes. Divide sugar cookie dough in half. Roll each half into a circle just bigger than the dish (roll it out onto parchment...makes transfer much easier), then press the dough into the dish. Repeat for second dish.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Recipes and crust thickness will vary, so watch them after 10 minutes so they don't overbake. Cool.
- Add the cheesecake ingredients to a medium mixing bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour half of the cheesecake mixture into each cooked and cooled sugar cookie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate until cheesecake is set.
- Arrange strawberries in desired pattern on the cheesecake.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar and cornstarch, and boil until clear.
- Remove from heat and add the Jell-o powder. Thoroughly combine.
- With a pastry brush, brush the Jello-o mixtures over the strawberries. If desired, cover the exposed cheesecake edges (or leave as-is, depending on the look you're going for!).
- Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR – Becky is the cook/photographer/writer/eater behind the blog Bite of Delight. Becky was a food contributor on Somewhat Simple in 2017.