Looking for some fun Thanksgiving games to play with your family?! Thanksgiving Pictionary is a great way to fire up imaginations all season long -or- save it as something special for Thanksgiving Day!
With Thanksgiving just a couple weeks away, I thought I’d share with you an easy craft and game idea that is perfect to entertain your little Thanksgiving guests- Thanksgiving Pictionary! This cute activity uses a darling printable turkey with printable craft stick “feathers” that couldn’t be more festive and fun. All you need are a few items, and you’ve got a darling craft that provides hours of entertainment!
Thanksgiving Games – Turkey Pictionary
- Thanksgiving Pictionary Printables (download below)
- Empty tin can
- Craft sticks
- Glue or tape
- Marker (optional)
- Items to draw with (paper, pencils, chalkboard, etc) when you play Thanksgiving Pictionary!
- Black sharpie marker
- First print off your label and word feathers.
- If you want to, use the “blank” labels to add more words to your pile by writing on them with a sharpie.
- Glue or tape your word feathers onto craft sticks.
- Glue or tape your turkey label onto the empty tin can.
- Place your word feathers into the can, and begin playing Pictionary!
Nothing says Thanksgiving like a cute little turkey with brightly colored Popsicle stick feathers!
We use this little game all season long, but we especially love it ON Thanksgiving! What a great way to keep the little ones entertained while dinner was finishing up! Just gather all the kids around and let them take turns choosing a stick and drawing on a fun chalkboard, whiteboard, notepad, etc. See who can guess what it is first!
Ready to get your game on?
. . . . .
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in November 2013, but was updated with new images and printables in 2017
Hack Your Routine!
5 Time-Saving Tips for Crazy Busy Moms