Looking for a special way for your child to remember his or her summer? Enjoy this free printable summer journal!
Summer is almost here for most of us… and looking around Facebook, it looks like Summer Break has already started for some of you! Let me tell you a little secret. In what seems like a different lifetime, I was an Elementary Education major in college! Long before I stayed home drawing bunnies for Easter and designing logos for small businesses, I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education–not in graphic design.
So it may not be a big surprise that I find myself searching all over for things to keep my own elementary aged children busy over the summers! Don’t get me wrong–We have a huge list of fun activities we want to do over the summer… but I also have a handful of ideas to keep them reading and writing!
I thought a Summer Journal would be a great way to encourage their writing skills in addition to creating a little keepsake of our everyday fun activities. I hope you can get a lot of use out of this free printable! It’s a 6 page PDF you can print for your school-aged kids. Print all of them or pick and choose the ones you’ll use. Print over and over! (Don’t have a writer yet? Have your toddler or preschooler draw pictures and dictate the text for you to write.)
(But please remember this is for personal use only! This may not be changed or resold.)
Included in this free printable summer journal:
– A cover page
– A blank summer bucket list
– An “About My Day” page with room to draw a picture and write a few sentences
– A blank list for summertime favorites (I don’t know about you, but sometimes by the end of August, we need to jog our memories about the fun things we did all the way back in June!)
– A full page lined sheet with room for a title or date
– A blank page with room for a picture and a few lines for sentences
Hope you enjoy it! Happy Summer!