These blackberry crumble bars are full of juicy blackberries and topped with a crisp buttery crumble topping. So simple and easy to make, and so delicious!
An Easy Blackberry Dessert
To me, blackberries are a very underrated fruit. When people think of berries, they usually go for strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. (And I think we’ve all had that experience of biting into a sour blackberry and having our face pucker up.) But a perfectly ripe blackberry is a thing of wonder. You bite into it and your mouth fills with sweet blackberry juice, and the flavor is incredible! They are some of my favorite berries to use for baking, and I will never say no to a good blackberry jam!
These blackberry crumble bars are perfect for highlighting those sweet and juicy berries and giving them their deserved spotlight! I’ve made several varieties of crumble bars in the past (like these blueberry crumble bars) but these might be my very favorite!
How To Make Blackberry Crumble Bars
Get To Prepp’n – Preheat your oven to 375 degrees before starting on this recipe. You’ll also want to spray your pan with cooking spray to keep things from sticking or line the pan with parchment paper.
Crumble Mix – The crumble mixture has just six simple ingredients, and mixes together in a few minutes. Start by whisking together the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Next, you’ll add the butter and then toss it to coat in the dry mixture. Finally, you’ll mix in the egg to form a crumbly dough. Take half of the crumble mixture and press it evenly into the bottom of a baking dish.
Make The Filling – To make the delicious filling, you’ll toss your fresh blackberries with the sugar and cornstarch. Spread the blackberry filling evenly over the dough in the pan.
Add More Crumbles – Once the filling is in, you’ll sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top. Super easy!
Cook – You’ll then bake the blackberry crumble bars for about 25-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown. The blackberries turn into an almost jam-like layer, and the buttery crumble topping gets crisp and delicious. Once they’re done baking, allow them to cool before cutting them into squares.
More Dessert Bar Recipes
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Crumble Bars
- Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Easy Rolo Cookie Bars
These blackberry dessert bars are so simple and yet so delicious! If you love blackberries like I do, you will definitely have to try these bars! Let us know if you make these blackberry crumble bars by leaving us a comment in the section below, or by tagging us on social media.
Blackberry Crumble Bars Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cold butter, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and toss to coat in the dry mixture, then mix in the egg to form a crumbly dough.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan.
- To make the filling, toss the blackberries with the sugar and corn starch. Spread the blackberries over the dough in the pan, then crumble the remaining dough over the top, covering the blackberries evenly.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool before cutting into squares.