All the delicious flavors of a fresh summer cobbler in a convenient handheld treat! Easy blackberry crumble bars are packed with juicy blackberries and topped with a crisp buttery topping that tastes amazing!
Blackberry Dessert Bars
A perfectly ripe blackberry is a thing of wonder! You bite into it and your mouth fills with sweet blackberry juice, and the flavor is incredible! They are some of my favorite berries to use for baking, and I will never say no to a good blackberry jam!
These blackberry crumble bars are perfect for highlighting those sweet and juicy berries and giving them their deserved spotlight! I’ve made several varieties of crumble bars in the past but these might be my very favorite!
How To Make Blackberry Crumb Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
Prep – Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray your baking dish with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper to keep things from sticking.
Make the Crumble – The crumble mixture has just six simple ingredients and comes together in a few minutes. Start by whisking together the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Add the butter and toss it to coat in the dry mixture.
Then mix in the egg to form a crumbly dough.
Take half of the crumble mixture and press it evenly into the bottom of the pan to form the crust.
Make The Filling – To make the delicious filling, you’ll toss your fresh blackberries with the sugar and cornstarch. Spread the blackberry mixture in an even layer into the baking pan over the dough in the pan.
Add The Crumb Topping – Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top.
Cook – Bake the blackberry crumble bars for about 25-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
The blackberries turn into an almost jam-like layer, and the buttery crumble topping gets crisp and delicious. Once they’re done baking, allow them to cool before cutting them into squares.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Dessert Bar Recipes
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Crumble Bars
- Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Easy Rolo Cookie Bars
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Blackberry Crumble Bars Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and toss to coat in the dry mixture, then mix in the egg to form a crumbly dough.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared pan.
- To make the filling, toss the blackberries with the sugar and corn starch. Spread the blackberries over the dough in the pan, then crumble the remaining dough over the top, covering the blackberries evenly.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool before cutting into squares.