Caramel Apple Trifle is a no-bake cheesecake dessert with rich layers that are creamy, crunchy, tart, and delicious! It’s the perfect decadent dessert to feed your guests!
This time of year is one of my favorites, not just for its beautiful fall colors and cozy sweaters, but it also has some of the best desserts! This Caramel Apple Trifle is one of them! What’s not to love about layers of salted caramel, cookie crumbles, sweet cinnamon apples, and creamy cheesecake?
Trifles are one of those desserts that are not only delicious, they’re also pretty, and they make a great addition to big celebrations or cozy nights in.
How To Make A Caramel Apple Cheesecake Trifle
The ingredients for this trifle can be prepared ahead of time and then you can assemble everything right before you serve them. (I love a good make-ahead option that saves time!)
YOU WILL NEED –
- cream cheese
- caramel sauce / caramel ice cream topping
- apple pie spice
- Cool Whip
- Mini Nilla Wafers
- apple pie filling
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and apple pie spice until combined.
Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
Add the ingredients to your jars, starting with a bottom layer of slightly crushed cookies, followed by a couple of heaping spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the apple pie filling.
Repeat layers until your jars are full, then garnish with a drizzle of caramel sauce and more cookies.
Serve with a glass of cold milk and a spoon and eat immediately, or chill in the refrigerator for up to an hour.
- Top your trifles with whipped cream and sprinkle any of the following:
- brown sugar
- apple pie spice
- ground cinnamon
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- Ditch the small jars and serve this dessert in a bigger trifle dish. (You can get about 3 layers of each part.)
- While I prefer the crunch of the cookie layer, you can definitely swap the cookies for a cake layer by adding cubed pieces of Angel Food Cake.
STORING + SAVING –
This Caramel Apple Trifle Recipe doesn’t store well for leftovers as the cookie layers will get soggy.
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD SO YOU CAN ADD THIS TO YOUR FAVORITE FALL DESSERTS –
Caramel Apple Trifle
- 1 brick cream cheese, 8oz
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 cup cool whip
- 1 box Mini Nilla wafers
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1/2 cup caramel topping and apple pie spice until combined.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Add the ingredients to your jars, starting with a bottom layer of 8 slightly crushed mini cookies, followed by a couple heaping spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture, followed by a layer of the apple pie filling.
- Repeat this twice, or until your jars are full, then garnish with more caramel sauce and cookies.
- Serve immediately.