Loaded with crisp delicious apples, this apple crisp recipe is so easy to make and unbelievably delicious! I have tried several different apple crisp recipes and this one is definitely my favorite.
This time of year, I absolutely love a warm dessert after dinner! This apple crisp is so easy to make, using simple ingredients, and is the perfect warm dessert for a cold night. As much as I love to make elaborate desserts, sometimes it’s the simple, homey desserts that leave me feeling the most satisfied. This dessert is great to make all winter long, and is especially delicious with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream! This apple crisp recipe is a family favorite that I’ve been making for a long time, and it’s always a hit!
I decided to change things up a little this time, and added some chopped pecans to my apple crisp mixture. It was a great move! I love the flavor they add and the little extra crunch they give to the texture. If you’re not a fan, you can totally leave them out and the apple crisp will still be incredibly delicious.
Which Are The Best Apples To Make This Apple Crisp Recipe?
I like to use a mixture of apples, and I love the contrast of the tart granny smith apples with the sweet and mellow golden delicious apples. This apple crisp recipe would work really well with a variety of apples. I have made it with honey crisp apples, gala apples, and sweet tango apples, all with good results. However you make it, this apple crisp is delicious every time!
The Best Apple Crisp Recipe
Apple Crisp Recipe
for the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss the apples with the lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour. Spread the apples in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- To make the topping mix together the oats, flour, pecans, brown sugar, and salt. Add the butter and mush it in with your fingers until the dough is crumbly and has some big chunks but is starting to stick together. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apples.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
If You Loved This Easy Apple Crisp Recipe You’ll Enjoy These Other Apple Recipes
- Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apple Rings
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Mini Apple Pies
- Apple Cinnamon German Pancakes
- Pear Apple Crumble Recipe
What Are More Delicious Dessert Recipes?
- The Best Homemade Brownies
- Easy Cake Mix Cookies
- Best Strawberry Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- Vanilla Almond Pound Cake