Make your own Monster Spray Repellent to get rid of the scary creatures that come out at night! It’s time to make bedtime run a bit more smoothly!
Homemade Monster Sprays
I’ll be honest, the bedtime routine in my house usually runs pretty smoothly, but one bedtime-related “issue” we do struggle with is that our kids come into our room in the middle of the night and climb into bed with us because they are scared.
They are usually welcome in my bed ’til their toes start tapping on my ribs or they’re all sprawled out and invading my personal space. When this happens, blankets and pillows and sleepy-eyed kids end up being laid out on the floor.
So in an effort to rid the monsters that creep into their sleep, I took matters into my own hands and came up with a creative way to help them with their fear of monsters: Monster Spray Repellent.
What is Monster Spray?
The concept is simple: Before your small child climbs into bed at night, help them walk around the room spraying air freshener where any monsters hide – under the bed, in the closet, behind the door, etc.
It’s so neat how much this has helped my young children stay in their own beds. The bedtime anxiety, monster fears, and nightmares are way less frequent these days, and even my toddler loves getting rid of those pesky monsters!
My kids spray their Monster Repellent once in their rooms and once in their closets. They love it… and my house smells great!
Here’s how to make your own –
How to Make Monster Repellant
- Printable Monster Spray labels – download below
- room spray – I used the 4 oz size from Walmart.
- double-sided tape
ANTI-MONSTER SPRAY VARIATIONS –
- Essential Oil Monster Sprays: Grab a spray bottle and fill it with water, and a couple drops of essential oil, such as lavender or chamomile. Same idea, but no chemicals in the ingredients! (I love the lavender scent, and it is so calming, too!)
- You can add a couple of drops of food color and glitter to your spray bottle. Shake it up and spray it to keep those goblins, ghouls, and bad dreams away!
- PRINT. Print and cut out your label(s).
- REMOVE. Cut a slit on the bottom of the can’s original label, and peel it off.
- ATTACH. Using double-sided tape, attach the label.
- SPRAY! Start spraying away those monsters!
I came up with 4 names for each label that work great with the scents you use: Valiant Vanilla, Courageous Citrus, Fearless Floral, and Brave Berry.
I like having all 4 sprays available so my kids have options each night. It makes bedtime a little more fun!
Printable Monster Spray Label
HERE’S A PRINTABLE TUTORIAL CARD SO YOU CAN SAVE THIS IDEA FOR LATER –
- Monster Repellent labels – download below
- room spray – I used the 4 oz size from Walmart
- double-sided tape
- Print and cut out your label(s).
- Cut a slit on the bottom of the can’s original label, and peel it off.
- Using double-sided tape, attach the label.
- Start spraying away those monsters!