Follow this tutorial to learn how to make super simple spring paper bag planters. This tutorial is perfect for spring flowers, bulbs and plants!
Here are a few more spring DIY’s we think you’ll love – Seeds of Love Activity, Popsicle Flower Pots, and Indoor Herb Garden.
I love spring greenery! Spring projects are all made better with spring flowers and greenery! Right? There’s one catch. I can’t keep a plant alive. I’m serious. I’m a total plant killer. Sorry! That means I rely on fresh cut flowers and faux house plants – especially in the spring when greenery abounds in crafts and decor projects.
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy DIY tutorial to help you display your plants and flowers this spring, or in my case, my favorite faux houseplants from Ikea!
Simple DIY Paper Bag Planters
- brown paper lunch bags
- simple brown twine
- thin white satin ribbon
- small potted plants or vases
- Unfold one brown paper lunch bag. Crumple it up, and then smooth it out again. Repeat this process if necessary, until the desired texture is achieved.
- Unfold the bottom of the paper bag, and stand the bag upright.
- Gently fold down the top edges of the paper bag. Keep rolling the edges until the paper bag is the height of your potted plant or small vase.
- Place your pot or vase in the paper bag.
- Wrap the bag with twine and ribbon – twice around. Secure with a bow.
My Simple Spring Planter Bags
How cute are these little paper bag planters? I think they look absolutely perfect on my living room mantel. As you can tell, I’m keeping things really simple with our mantel decor this spring!
These are so pretty and very cute! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate It!
I wanted to let you know that the three links you posted to Celebrate It! are showing up, but the thumbnail is not showing on any of them. The link is good, but there is just no picture. I don’t think the problem is on this end because everyone else that linked up has the thumbnails showing. I just thought you might want to know. I appreciate you linking up! Thank you!
Also-If you find out anything I need to do on this end, please let me know. I will be happy to fix what I can!