Follow this tutorial to learn how to make super simple spring paper bag planters. This tutorial is perfect for spring flowers, bulbs and plants!
I love spring greenery! Spring projects are all made better with spring flowers and greenery! Right? There’s one catch. I can’t keep a plant alive. I’m serious. I’m a total plant killer. Sorry! That means I rely on fresh cut flowers and faux house plants – especially in the spring when greenery abounds in crafts and decor projects.
Today I’m sharing a quick and easy DIY tutorial to help you display your plants and flowers this spring, or in my case, my favorite faux houseplants from Ikea!
Simple DIY Paper Bag Planters
- brown paper lunch bags
- simple brown twine
- thin white satin ribbon
- small potted plants or vases
- Unfold one brown paper lunch bag. Crumple it up, and then smooth it out again. Repeat this process if necessary, until the desired texture is achieved.
- Unfold the bottom of the paper bag, and stand the bag upright.
- Gently fold down the top edges of the paper bag. Keep rolling the edges until the paper bag is the height of your potted plant or small vase.
- Place your pot or vase in the paper bag.
- Wrap the bag with twine and ribbon – twice around. Secure with a bow.
My Simple Spring Planter Bags
How cute are these little paper bag planters? I think they look absolutely perfect on my living room mantel. As you can tell, I’m keeping things really simple with our mantel decor this spring!
Here are a few more simple spring craft projects you might enjoy: