Mini DIY Piñatas are the finishing touch you’ll need to make your next Cinco De Mayo fiesta a smashing hit! Grab our free printable and get ready for a festive project that is simple and fun!
DIY Mini Piñatas
I am in love with how simple and fun these DIY piñatas are! They are perfect for decorations, place settings, party favors, or even as Cinco de Mayo invitations – just fold it up and place it inside! Just print out your free copy of the pattern and get started. These are super easy to make can be a fun activity to do with the kids.
If you’re more of a visual learner, keep reading below and you’ll find a video showing you just how easy these piñatas are to create. And here is the simple step-by-step tutorial:
How to Make Paper Piñatas
Mini Piñatas are the finishing touch you’ll need to make your next Cinco De Mayo fiesta a smashing hit! Grab our free printable and get ready for a DIY project that is simple and fun!
- free printable template (download below)
- tape – I prefer double-sided tape
- small candies or the invitation you plan to put inside
- string, ribbon or twine
- crepe paper streamers, optional
- Download and print as many copies of the mini piñatas from your computer onto heavy cardstock as you need.
- Fold the cardstock on the marked lines, and assemble the piñata by using the double-sided tape so it stays in place.
- Be sure to attach the string or yarn to the inside before you close up the last side.
- Fill the piñata with whatever you want inside. This can be small pieces of candy, invitations to a party or whatever else you want.
- You can leave them as-is, or cut and fringe some crepe paper streamers to add some dimension to each one.
See? Exactly what you need to make your Cinco De Mayo celebration a HUGE success!!
Free Printable DIY Piñatas
These adorably festive Piñata printables are available for FREE! Just enter your name and email address. A new page will open that will have the PDF so you can download and print immediately! We hope you have a festive Cinco de Mayo! Do me a favor and eat an inhumane amount of chips and delicious guacamole! Cheers!
As always, these free printables, as well as all the free printables on Somewhat Simple are for personal use only. They may not be sold or claimed as your own. Thanks for understanding, and thanks for your continued support!
Mini DIY Paper Piñatas
- 1 downloadable file template
- 1 roll tape I prefer double-sided tape
- 1 roll string ribbon or twine work great too
- 1 sheet cardstock
- candy or invitations to put inside
- crepe paper streamers optional
- Download and print the mini piñatas from your computer onto heavy cardstock.
- Fold the cardstock on the marked lines, and assemble by using the double-sided tape.
- Attach the string/yarn to the inside before you close up the last side.
- Fill with desired contents - candies, invitations to your party etc.
- Leave them as-is, or cut and fringe some crepe paper streamers to add some dimension.