In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we’re sharing over 50 Favorite Cinco de Mayo food recipes. Enchiladas, tacos, desserts, drinks and more!
What is Cinco de Mayo?
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for “fifth of May”) is a holiday celebrated in the United States and primarily limited to the state of Puebla in Mexico. The holiday commemorates the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. (from Wikipedia)
Fun Fact: My brother actually served his mission in Puebla, Mexico!
Cinco de Mayo Food
Growing up in Southern California, we always had a Cinco de Mayo celebration at school, but I haven’t heard too much fuss over the holiday since moving to Arizona. Do you guys celebrate it? Either way, I’m still planning on having a little fun with my kids and I think this is a perfect reason to have a Mexican feast for dinner! Take a look at over 50 delicious Mexican recipes you’ll have to try!
- Chicken Tortilla Enchilada Bake
- Taco Casserole
- Taco Quinoa Casserole
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- Enchilada Lasagna
- Southwest Tattertot Casserole
- Tamale Casserole
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Churro Popcorn from Love Pomegranate House
- Sombrero Cones from Kitchen Fun
Mexican Dips and Salsa Recipes
- Texas Caviar
- Strawberry Salsa from Simple Girl at Home
- 7 Layer Dip Cups
- Salsa Verde
- Speedy Guacamole
- Enchilada Dip
- The Best Mild Salsa Recipe
- Quick and Easy Semi-Homemade Salsa
- Chipotle Mango Salsa from Half Baked Harvest
- Zesty Guacamole
- Enchilada Puffs
- Deconstructed Enchiladas
- The Best EASY Red Enchiladas
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Taco Salad
- Mini Taco Salad Cups from Meatloaf and Melodrama
- Tortilla Chip Crusted Chicken Salad from Half Baked Harvest
- Mexican Corn Salad
Mexican Side Dishes
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Waffle Tacos
- Lettuce Wrap Chicken Tacos
- BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Fish Tacos
- Easy Navajo Tacos
- Crockpot Barbacoa Tacos from Shugary Sweets
- Non-Alcoholic Lime Margaritas, from Savor the Flavour
- Non- Alcoholic Strawberry Margaritas, from Eating Well
Mexican food is my love language. So any holiday that encourages eating an insane amount of tacos and guacamole is alright by me!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in May 2010. It was updated with fresh ideas in May 2019.