These chicken taco lettuce wraps are bursting with flavor and super easy to make. They’re delicious, nutritious, and perfect for a light dinner!
Lettuce wraps are a light and healthy dinner idea that is easy to make. Thai Lettuce Wraps and Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps are other delicious variations of this easy recipe.
Taco Lettuce Wraps
If there’s one kind of food I’m always in the mood for, it’s Mexican food! We eat a lot of it at my house, and I have a long list of tried and true recipes. I can’t speak to how authentic some of my recipes are, but they are always delicious! This slow cooker taco chicken is one of my favorite recipes. In the past, I’ve used it to make tacos, burritos, and tostadas, but these chicken taco lettuce wraps are my favorite use of it yet!
The chicken is flavorful and tender (not to mention super easy to make!) and it’s delicious with the fresh lettuce leaves. I love that by serving dinner in lettuce wraps I can make it a little lighter without sacrificing any flavor. We topped ours with some shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, and they were delicious! Serve these wraps with a side of Homemade Refried Beans or Spanish rice and you’ll have a delicious Mexican-inspired meal.
How To Make Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Add the chicken to your crock pot and sprinkle your favorite taco seasoning over the top
- Cook on the high setting for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 6 hours
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it (I like to use meat claws)
- Put the chicken back in the crock pot to soak for a few minutes in the seasoned juice
- Serve on top of a leaf of lettuce and top with your favorite taco toppings
How To Store These Lettuce Wraps
The chicken recipe makes way too much for my little family, so we always freeze half for another day, and it freezes beautifully. Simply store the extra shredded chicken in a freezer-safe container and stick it in the freezer until you’re ready to use it. It will stay fresh for up to three months. This recipe is so versatile, it’s definitely a keeper!
More Tasty Taco Recipes
- Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos
- BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Navajo Tacos
- Quinoa Taco Casserole
Taco Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Let us know when you make these chicken tacos by leaving us a comment below, or by tagging us on social media. We always love to see you enjoy one of our recipes!
Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 head fresh lettuce, I used butter lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- additional taco toppings as desired, sour cream, tomatoes, olives, etc.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the slow cooker and sprinkle with the taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks, then return to the slow cooker to remix with the juices.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into each leaf of lettuce and sprinkle with cheese. Top with additional toppings, as desired.
Totally my way of doing tacos!
Perfect for the low carb dieter who still wants to enjoy Taco Tuesday! I love the flavor that you have combined to make the chicken pop.
You’re so right! I’ve been trying to eat fewer carbs and this is a great way for me to still have tacos.
Oh yum! These are gorgeous! These sound delicious right about now!
I LOVE these lettuce wraps!! I can’t wait to try this recipe!!
Thanks Katerina, you’ll love them!
What a healthy and tasty option for lunch! These would be great for a healthy Taco Tuesday as well!
I totally agree!