Thai Lettuce Wraps are a great way to use fresh ingredients and lean protein to make a light and flavorful meal. They’re deliciously quick and easy to make as an appetizer or main dish.
Thai Lettuce Wraps Recipe
This Thai Lettuce Wraps recipe is inspired by one of my favorite menu items from Cheesecake Factory. It features a bold peanut sauce drizzled on top of fresh veggies, ramen noodles, and grilled chicken.
This recipe is one of my favorite meals to make all year, but it’s especially delicious during the summer. It tastes AMAZING, it’s easy to throw together, and it doesn’t require the use of the oven that’ll heat up the entire house!
Asian lettuce wraps are a delicious, low-calorie, and oddly satisfying alternative to traditional tacos. My entire family LOVES them… even my picky eaters.
Here’s how to make them –
How To Make Thai Lettuce Wraps
- LETTUCE – I prefer romaine lettuce or butter lettuce, but you can use iceberg lettuce or green leaf lettuce.
- PROTEIN – I use a rotisserie chicken or a bag of frozen grilled chicken, thawed. You can use whatever protein you’d like! Ground chicken or ground turkey will change up the flavor, but it’ll still taste great! Make sure whatever protein you use is cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- STARCH – You’ll want to add a delicious filler to these wraps. I boil a package of Ramen noodles without the seasoning packet and let them cool, but rice is also a good option.
- FRESH VEGGIES – I like the crunch of a carrot and the smooth texture of a cucumber, but you can add whatever vegetables you’d like!
- SAUCE – Storebought peanut sauce is my favorite!*
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS – I usually don’t add any else to the top of my lettuce wraps once the sauce has been drizzled, but if you’re feeling fancy, try adding toasted sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, or any other fresh herbs you love.
*SAUCY NOTE – I can’t handle spicy foods, and neither can some of my kids. The peanut sauce has a bold flavor with a little kick, but we all eat it just fine. If you think it’s too spicy, try this recipe with your favorite Oriental or Asian Salad Dressing, soy sauce, or sweet chili sauce.
Build your lettuce wraps by layering the chicken, noodles, carrots, and cucumbers in the fold of a piece of lettuce.
Drizzle with peanut sauce or serve with a small side for dipping.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps really is a perfect summer meal! Easy to prepare, cool and so full of flavor!
HERE’S A PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE –
Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and separated
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite-sized portions.
- 1 package top ramen noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced with a vegetable/julienne peeler
- 1 cucumber
- 1 Cup peanut sauce
- Build your lettuce wraps by layering the chicken, noodles, carrots and cucumbers in the fold of a piece of lettuce.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce & enjoy!