Hi Somewhat Simple readers! I’m Jen from Tatertots & Jello. I am so excited to be here. I am sharing a family favorite at my house. It’s a Southwestern Tatertots Casserole. My kids love it. Here’s the super easy recipe:
Southwestern Tatertots Casserole:
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 can green chilis
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pack taco seasoning
- 3 cups tatertots (enough to cover dish)*
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese (or mozzarella)
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- Mexican Crema (optional)
*Have you tried the Tatertots rounds?? They are a flatter version of tatertots and I used them in this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the oil to a pan and heat on medium. Add diced onions and garlic – cook until tender. Remove to a bowl and set aside. Add beef to skillet and cook until completely browned, add taco seasoning and cook for another 4 minutes. Add onions and garlic back to beef and stir to combine. Pour the can of enchilada sauce into the beef and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the enchilada mixture from the skillet into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place tatertots on top. sprinkle the cheese and top with black olives. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and tatertots are golden brown. Add cilantro to the top. Enjoy!!
Here are a few of my recent favorite projects:
Thanks for letting me stop by!