This easy blender salsa recipe is quick way to enjoy a batch of fresh salsa any time you’re craving it. Using your blender and a few basic ingredients, this method is so simple to make and it tastes amazing!
This easy salsa recipe is a perfect side to serve when making your favorite Mexican food recipes. I love serving this with my famous Chicken Enchiladas, Enchilada Style Bean Burritos or Chicken Tostadas.
Easy Blender Salsa
I have a serious love affair with salsa. I can eat it everyday of the year and not get sick of it. (OK, so I’ve never actually tried that, but I have a feeling I’d do just fine!) It’s just so delicious and versatile that I will put it on top of just about anything.
Jarred salsa that you buy at the grocery store is OK, but it definitely isn’t my favorite. Unfortunately, that’s what I used to serve when I was in a rush and didn’t have time to make a batch of fresh salsa…until now. Let’s be honest, no store-bought version will ever top fresh homemade salsa! I do have my favorite Mild Salsa recipe that we make several times a year, but when I’m short on time THIS blender salsa recipe is what I whip up because it takes almost no time to prepare. And did I mention it is delicious?
This salsa is the best of both worlds: canned and fresh ingredients give it a garden fresh taste that couldn’t be any easier to make! Simply toss the ingredients in a blender and you’re good to go!
How To Make Salsa In A Blender
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor
- I like the flavor of the Rotel brand of diced tomatoes and green chilies best
- Use the pulse mode on the blender until you have reached the desired consistency for your salsa
- Be careful to to over blend it and turn it into a puree
- Allow the blender salsa to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour for the best taste
How To Store Blender Salsa
The great thing about this blender salsa recipe is that it typically makes just enough for one sitting. However, if you have any left over, or decide to make a second batch to eat later, simply place any leftover salsa into an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It’ll stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week. I also like to store some in small deli containers so my husband and kids can take some with them to work or school the next day.
More Easy Mexican Side Dishes
- Spanish Rice Recipe
- Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Easy Horchata Recipe
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Fresh Homemade Flour Tortillas
Other Tasty Salsa Recipes
Blender Salsa Recipe
Let me know when you plan to make this salsa and I’ll be over in no time with a bag of chips! Leave us a comment below and let us know how you liked it or tag us on social media the next time you serve this at a party so we can see all of the fun you’re having!
Easy Blender Salsa Recipe
- 2-14 oz cans tomatoes with green chilies, mild or original
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 of a bunch of cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Place all the ingredients into your blender or your food processor.
- Pulse until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Chill in the refrigerator or serve at room temperature.