Your weeknight dinner routine just got a little tastier and easier with this delicious fajita quesadilla recipe! Loaded with steak, cheese, sautéd onions and bell peppers these quesadillas will blow your taste buds away!
Quesadillas are one of my go-to weeknight meal options because they’re fast and easy to make, plus everybody loves them! I can satisfy my family’s Mexican food cravings with some store-bought tortillas and a Mexican cheese blend, but it doesn’t take much to earn some extra smiles at the dinner table by kicking my quesadilla game up a notch!
Recently while wandering the freezer aisle of the grocery store I spotted a bag of pre-cooked grilled fajita meat. I have to admit I did a little happy dance because I knew in my heart that this was the start of a new and fancier quesadilla— the fajita quesadilla!
Fajita quesadillas are so simple to make and they require only a few ingredients. I used homemade tortillas this time around, but for the sake of simplicity, feel free to grab a package of your favorite store bought variety. Costco also sells raw tortillas that just need to be cooked and they’re amazing!!
What Do You Put In A Quesadilla?
Answer: Anything you want!
I like to sprinkle shredded cheese on top of a tortilla. Then I top the cheese with a sautéed onion and pepper mixture as well as some pre-cooked fajita meat. To finish off the quesadilla I sprinkle on a little more cheese and top it with another tortilla. Toast each quesadilla on an electric griddle until the cheese is melted and the inside is warm. Serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole! A tasty dinner in just minutes!
How To Make Fajita Quesadillas
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cover.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 more minutes.
- Uncover and cook until onions are golden brown and bell peppers are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking, and you’re done!
Make The Quesadilla
- Compile the cheese, vegetables and meat on top of a flour tortilla and then add a second tortilla on top
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray or spread a little butter over it
- Place the quesadillas on top and then cook for about 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted and it’s heated throughout
- Be sure to flip once while it’s cooking to keep the one side from burning
Easy Side Dishes To Serve
- Simple Spanish Rice
- Chips and The BEST Homemade Mild Salsa
- Crock Pot Refried Beans
- Zesty Guacamole
- Classic Guacamole Recipe
Give these fajita quesadillas a try and let us know what you think. Leave us a comment below and let us know what your favorite ingredient is in a quesadilla!
Fajita Quesadilla Recipe
- 8 flour tortillas, taco size
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, sautéed
- 1 onion, sautéed
- 16 oz steak, package frozen pre-cooked grilled fajita meat
- 1 cup salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, and/or guacamole for serving, optional
- Heat fajita meat according to package directions. Set aside.
- Preheat an an electric griddle to 350˚F, or heat a large frying pan over the stove.
- To assemble the quesadillas, lay out 4 of the 8 tortillas. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, then layer 1/4 of the fajita veggie mixture over the cheese. Put desired amount of meat over veggies, then top with 1/4 cup more shredded cheese and the remaining tortillas.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter on the griddle (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).
- Put 2 of the 4 quesadillas on the griddle at a time, cooking 3-4 minutes per side until cheese is melted and tortillas are toasted and golden brown.
- Eat and ENJOY!