BBQ pulled pork quesadillas are a quick and easy time-saving meal your whole family is going to love!
Easy BBQ Quesadilla Recipe
BBQ pulled pork quesadillas are one of my new favorite Mexican dishes! They have a sweet and savory kick to the classic tastes you’re use to and they taste AMAZING!
My kids are always asking for quesadillas and would eat them for every meal if I made them. I love that they can be made quickly so they’re perfect for dinner when things get busy. They’re also super versatile and make a great appetizer or party food!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Pulled Pork – You can buy some from the store that can be heated in the microwave but I prefer to make my pulled pork in the Instant Pot or cook the pork in the slow cooker.
- Cheese – Do yourself a favor and grate a block of your favorite cheese. Both the flavor and texture is just better.
- Tortillas – If you have the time, this Homemade Tortilla recipe is amazing! If not, I recommend buying a package of raw tortillas and cooking those. Prepackaged tortillas are just too thick, so all you’ll taste is tortilla.
- BBQ Sauce – If I don’t have any Homemade BBQ Sauce on hand, my go-to is Sweet Baby Ray’s…yum!
How to Make Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Pork – You’ll want to start by cooking, or heating, your pulled pork depending on the method you’re using.
Butter – Be sure to butter one side of each tortilla. This makes the tortillas nice and crispy as they cook!
BBQ Sauce – If you cooked your own pulled pork, mix in your desired amount of BBQ sauce until it’s evenly coated.
Compile – With the butter side down, add some warmed meat to a tortilla, then sprinkle with cheese. Top with another buttered tortilla, butter side facing up.
Cook – Put your quesadillas on a griddle or frying pan on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. You don’t want to go above medium heat or the tortillas will burn before the inside is ready.
Flip – Carefully flip to the other side and cook for another couple of minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve – Sprinkle your pulled pork quesadillas with fresh cilantro, chopped tomatoes or any other favorite toppings and you’re good to go! I also love to top them with sour cream, Fresh Salsa or Guacamole.
Recipe Tips & Storage
Spicy – If you like a little kick to your pork quesadillas, go ahead and add sliced jalapeños inside.
Best Tortillas – Only use flour tortillas. I think they taste better but they’re so much easier to flip than corn tortillas.
Storing – Pulled pork quesadillas can be stored in the fridge for a few days if kept in a zipper bag. I usually make a larger batch and save the extra for the kids to eat for lunch the next day.
Reheating – The easiest way is to warm them is in the microwave. I don’t like the flimsy texture from the microwave so I warm them in the toaster oven to get them crispy again.
More Easy Mexican Recipes
- Build Your Own Burrito Bar
- Easy BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Classic Homemade Enchilada Recipe
BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 lb BBQ pork, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp Butter, to grease the tortillas
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, Mexican cheese blend
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, sour cream, diced avocado or guacamole, salsa, sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, olives etc.
- Preheat your electric skillet or frying pan over the stove.
- Microwave your BBQ Pork according to package directions.
- Spread butter on one side of each tortilla. Place a tortilla on the skillet and top with a layer of pot and then a layer of cheese. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese is nice and melted.
- Cut into triangular wedges and serve with desired toppings.