Quesadillas are a quick and easy dinner idea that are perfect for a busy night. This shrimp quesadilla recipe is a delicious twist on a Mexican classic. Filled with melted cheese and shrimp and topped with sour and guacamole, these quesadillas will make your taste buds smile.
How To Make Shrimp Quesadillas
The Tortilla – This recipe is super easy to make especially if you buy flour tortillas from your local grocery store. If you want to really want to thank your taste buds, you should trying making your own tortillas using my favorite homemade flour tortilla recipe. If you want something in between, Costco also sells ready-to-go raw tortillas that just need to be heated and they’re fantastic!
Season The Shrimp – Add the chipotle chili and lime juice to a mixing bowl and then toss the shrimp in it until they’re even coated.
Cook It – Heat the olive oil in a skillet and then cook the onions and bell peppers until they’re nice and tender. This will take about 10 minutes to do. Next, add the shrimp to the skillet and then cook them for about 3 additional minutes.
Compile The Quesadillas – Throw the cheese, shrimp, vegetables and any other ingredients you want onto a tortilla. Be sure to butter the outside of each tortilla to give them a beautiful brown color when they’re done cooking.
Heat Them Up – Cook the shrimp quesadillas for about 2 minutes and then flip them and cook for an additional minute or two until the cheese is nice and melted.
What Toppings Go On Shrimp Quesadillas
Once you’ve made this delicious recipe, you’ll need to add your favorite topping. While store bought toppings are good, here are a few of our favorite recipes to try with your shrimp quesadillas that take only a few minutes to prepare and are absolutely amazing!
- This mild homemade salsa recipe is the best I have ever had and is so easy to make
- If you want a twist on regular guacamole, you should try this avocado salsa recipe called Texas Caviar
- This homemade tomatillo salsa recipe is also delicious
- A Zesty Guacamole is one of my family’s favorites
More Delicious Quesadilla Recipes
What I love about quesadillas, is that you can make them using so many different ingredients and they all taste fabulous. If you need more quesadilla inspiration, here are a few more quesadilla recipe variations to try.
Easy Shrimp Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined and defrosted if you buy them frozen
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile, ground
- 5 tbs lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas, Soft-taco-size
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded
- In small bowl, toss shrimp, chipotle chile and lime juice then set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil, then add pepper and onion. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Butter one side of each tortilla and place buttered side down on skillet or griddle. Add shrimp mixture, cheese, and cilantro, then add a second tortilla, butter side up.
- Cook quesadilla about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted, then flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and guacamole!
This recipe originally published on Somewhat Simple in November 2009