Ready to make your taste buds fall in love? These Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies need to happen in your home NOW!
My sister recently shared a recipe with me for some amazing salted dark chocolate cookies. I absolutely LOVED them, in fact, my entire family gave them rave reviews!
I took her amazing recipe and wanted to see what it would be like with some peanut butter – ’cause what better combination of flavors is there? Adding peanut butter to the mix knocked them out of the ballpark – these cookies are fantastic!!! Here is the recipe:
Salted Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cu light or dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- additional sea salt to sprinkle over cookie dough
- Beat together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt. Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle sea salt over top of the cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet before transferring to wire rack.
Eat and enjoy!
Seriously, how amazing do these look???
Let me know how you like them by leaving a comment in the section below!
I’d LOVE to hear your thoughts!!!
Here are a few more cookies we know you’ll love-
. . . .
This post was originally written and published on Somewhat Simple by Ashton from Something Swanky in November 2012.